defer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

techtorph24

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I was deferred in regular admission but told to keep updating my application in pharmCAS because they may consider me in the future, is that to be interpreted as 2019 admission? I don't know what to do next. I did email my adviser to ask for guidance. Anyone have advice?
 
I did send a new transcript sent because I graduated with my AAS at the end of this semester. My stats aren't that great in my opinion, I had to retake a pre-calculus class but I scored a B on my retake! I have been certified 8 years and have worked in several areas of pharmacy. I knew when I applied that other applications would be better than my own, however, I was hoping to still bring something to the table! I applied to Lecom distance. Distance is about the only way I can continue college because I have a family.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did send a new transcript sent because I graduated with my AAS at the end of this semester. My stats aren't that great in my opinion, I had to retake a pre-calculus class but I scored a B on my retake! I have been certified 8 years and have worked in several areas of pharmacy. I knew when I applied that other applications would be better than my own, however, I was hoping to still bring something to the table! I applied to Lecom distance. Distance is about the only way I can continue college because I have a family.

What was your PharmCAS GPA and PCAT score? Your extracurricular is solid.
 
GPA 3.0 .. my PCAT, oh lord. I don't even want to own up to that! They don't require it as part of admissions. I know the distance pathway is more selective. I believe 24 students. So I knew without an outstanding pcat to offset my gpa, it could just be a no go. I keep praying. I just don't know if I should contact them? Ask how I could make myself a better applicant.
 
GPA 3.0 .. my PCAT, oh lord. I don't even want to own up to that! They don't require it as part of admissions. I know the distance pathway is more selective. I believe 24 students. So I knew without an outstanding pcat to offset my gpa, it could just be a no go. I keep praying. I just don't know if I should contact them? Ask how I could make myself a better applicant.


It was probably the PCAT score. Contact them and ask them if you can retake it in February.
 
Hello,
I was deferred as well. My GPA will be very high in a few months bc I'm getting my Graduate certificate in Biology. It will offset my undergrad grades. I applied to distance pathway as well. Good luck and keep me posted.