defer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

techtorph24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I was deferred in regular admission but told to keep updating my application in pharmCAS because they may consider me in the future, is that to be interpreted as 2019 admission? I don't know what to do next. I did email my adviser to ask for guidance. Anyone have advice?

Members don't see this ad.

What were your stats and what school did you apply to? I think they mean update your grades with Fall semester grades maybe?

I did send a new transcript sent because I graduated with my AAS at the end of this semester. My stats aren't that great in my opinion, I had to retake a pre-calculus class but I scored a B on my retake! I have been certified 8 years and have worked in several areas of pharmacy. I knew when I applied that other applications would be better than my own, however, I was hoping to still bring something to the table! I applied to Lecom distance. Distance is about the only way I can continue college because I have a family.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did send a new transcript sent because I graduated with my AAS at the end of this semester. My stats aren't that great in my opinion, I had to retake a pre-calculus class but I scored a B on my retake! I have been certified 8 years and have worked in several areas of pharmacy. I knew when I applied that other applications would be better than my own, however, I was hoping to still bring something to the table! I applied to Lecom distance. Distance is about the only way I can continue college because I have a family.

What was your PharmCAS GPA and PCAT score? Your extracurricular is solid.

GPA 3.0 .. my PCAT, oh lord. I don't even want to own up to that! They don't require it as part of admissions. I know the distance pathway is more selective. I believe 24 students. So I knew without an outstanding pcat to offset my gpa, it could just be a no go. I keep praying. I just don't know if I should contact them? Ask how I could make myself a better applicant.

GPA 3.0 .. my PCAT, oh lord. I don't even want to own up to that! They don't require it as part of admissions. I know the distance pathway is more selective. I believe 24 students. So I knew without an outstanding pcat to offset my gpa, it could just be a no go. I keep praying. I just don't know if I should contact them? Ask how I could make myself a better applicant.

It was probably the PCAT score. Contact them and ask them if you can retake it in February.

I will! I just didn't want to come across as desperate. I want to be professional.

Hello,
I was deferred as well. My GPA will be very high in a few months bc I'm getting my Graduate certificate in Biology. It will offset my undergrad grades. I applied to distance pathway as well. Good luck and keep me posted.