Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

defer

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by techtorph24, Jan 8, 2018.

1. techtorph24

Pre-Pharmacy
    If I was deferred in regular admission but told to keep updating my application in pharmCAS because they may consider me in the future, is that to be interpreted as 2019 admission? I don't know what to do next. I did email my adviser to ask for guidance. Anyone have advice?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. anaeem07

Pre-Pharmacy
    What were your stats and what school did you apply to? I think they mean update your grades with Fall semester grades maybe?

4. techtorph24

Pre-Pharmacy
    I did send a new transcript sent because I graduated with my AAS at the end of this semester. My stats aren't that great in my opinion, I had to retake a pre-calculus class but I scored a B on my retake! I have been certified 8 years and have worked in several areas of pharmacy. I knew when I applied that other applications would be better than my own, however, I was hoping to still bring something to the table! I applied to Lecom distance. Distance is about the only way I can continue college because I have a family.

5. anaeem07

Pre-Pharmacy
    What was your PharmCAS GPA and PCAT score? Your extracurricular is solid.

6. techtorph24

Pre-Pharmacy
    GPA 3.0 .. my PCAT, oh lord. I don't even want to own up to that! They don't require it as part of admissions. I know the distance pathway is more selective. I believe 24 students. So I knew without an outstanding pcat to offset my gpa, it could just be a no go. I keep praying. I just don't know if I should contact them? Ask how I could make myself a better applicant.

7. anaeem07

Pre-Pharmacy

It was probably the PCAT score. Contact them and ask them if you can retake it in February.

8. techtorph24

Pre-Pharmacy
    I will! I just didn't want to come across as desperate. I want to be professional.