Deferrals??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elz787

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone thinking about deferring?

Members don't see this ad.

elz787 said:

Most schools don't allow it. Do you know of one that does?

elz787 said:

im thinking about not getting in, re-taking my dats and working next year and maybe taking a class or 2. does that count?

Members don't see this ad :)
irishpint said:
im thinking about not getting in, re-taking my dats and working next year and maybe taking a class or 2. does that count?

maybe if we withdraw our application FIRST, they wont have a chance to reject us. rejection can be depressing sometimes :D

i deferred nyu last year so im already in for 2006.......weeeeeeee

I actually deferred my admission to BU and had no problem with their office...Good Luck to you in whatever decision you end up making...

elz787 said:

well, I actually would like to defer, although I'm not sure what reasons they will and won't accept. What did you guys say in order to defer???

tinman831 said:
maybe if we withdraw our application FIRST, they wont have a chance to reject us. rejection can be depressing sometimes :D

actually that is a great idea!! so please all of you with competitive apps, just withdraw and save yourselves the agony of a rejection... show the adcoms who is in charge!! (those of you with weaker apps than me, feel free to not withdraw them) :D

I don't understand why you would apply to dental school this year if you were going to defer? Or did something come up? I had a TA that had to defer a med school acceptance because he had a premie baby that they were not suppost to travel with.

i got called off the waiting list 4 days before classes were starting at NYU. i live in THE OC calfornia. i coudnt drive across country, find a place to live in NY, and get my loans in 4 days. (also i had just started starring in a movie). i dont think its that hard to defer. my brother told me he had a friend that deferred dental school 4 times. hope this helps. later

I heard they only let you defer if you have an extreme case......but what would an extreme case beeeee?