Deferred Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fratguy91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am recently accepted into a DO school through their post-bac program. However, I want to reapply to a different DO schools that I want to go to.
If I defer my admission at the current accepted DO school, am I allowed to apply to other DO schools during my year off? Do DO schools have a system where they know which students are accepted into the other program (even though it's not through AACOMAS)?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am recently accepted into a DO school through their post-bac program. However, I want to reapply to a different DO schools that I want to go to.
If I defer my admission at the current accepted DO school, am I allowed to apply to other DO schools during my year off? Do DO schools have a system where they know which students are accepted into the other program (even though it's not through AACOMAS)?

Deferment is not intended for applying to other schools. It's for health issues, family issues, professional opportunities, etc. and then attending the school you deferred at once you have completed your obligation. You should attend the school you are accepted to.

Reactions: 1 user