Deferred admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spriggy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I received a letter from WVU today. It says:

"...Those who met with you were quite pleased to have you come to our school for an interview. However, it is not possible for us to make a final decision on your application at the present time. This action will be deferred pending our receipt of the items listed below:"

They list that they need transcripts showing completions of organic and physics (I'll will finish both next semester). They also have requested additional LOR's after telling me that I didn't need them before. And finally they want documentation of my shadowing hours since I told them during my interview that I was shadowing for my capstone next semester.

They go on to say that once all the info is received the committee will complete its evaluation and notify me regarding my application status.

Is this basically just a way of saying that I'll be accepted once I'm met all of their demands? Or is this pretty much a death sentence? I just really don't know if I should feel good or bad about this letter? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

1. At least its not a rejection..
2. At least you're hearing something from your schools.

i don't think they would have you go through all the trouble and go through all the trouble themselves if they weren't seriously considering you. i bet if you meet all their demands you have a decent shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also waiting for a letter from WVU. Are you instate? Where was your letter sent? I am just trying to figure out when i might receive this letter.

Yea I'm instate. They mailed out the letters yesterday if you're application was complete.

I know it's good that I haven't been rejected, but if they wait til this summer to admit me thats gonna suck trying to switch over financial aid and getting an apartment and everything else in such a short time period. Oh well, I've waited for a long time already, 6 more months won't hurt i suppose.

Yea I'm instate. They mailed out the letters yesterday if you're application was complete.

I know it's good that I haven't been rejected, but if they wait til this summer to admit me thats gonna suck trying to switch over financial aid and getting an apartment and everything else in such a short time period. Oh well, I've waited for a long time already, 6 more months won't hurt i suppose.

I've got a genius idea. call them and ask them!:thumbup:

haha yea and say what? "hey i know the letter said the decision on my acceptance was deferred until after I pass these courses, but I'm really impatient so could you just go ahead and tell me now if I will get accepted when I pass the courses?" :laugh: