Deferred grade "R"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gocanucks

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am already accepted to the dental school and just 10 days away from finally getting my bachelor degree. However, I was involved in "chemical research" during my freshman and sophomore year. So, on my trasciprt it says "chemical research - R" which means my grade is deferred.
I talked with a my chemistry dept advisor and she says if I turn in my thesis. R will be replaced with some grades; A,B,..eyc. And I will graduate with a "chemistry honor".
However, if I decide not to do that, I will graduate without a honor notation. So, I decided not to write my thesis. Well, actually, I cannot write my thesis because I worked with two post-docs but both of them are already gone (my research group's professor is a sociopath, so most of students were either kicked out or just quit their jobs and he is living in his own world).
Anyway, my dental school says I need to "complete my required courseworks" and I have to send my transcript showing that I receive my "degree". I will receive my Bachelor of Sciences in Biochemistry with a "Summa Cum laude" notation from college of liberal arts and sciences. But when my new school sees a grade "R". Am I going to be in a trouble even though they are "not required" courseworks ?

Members don't see this ad.