Deferred to regular admission already???

Started by cg11092
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cg11092

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,
I designated my first choice program as my early decision choice yesterday. That being said, I of course did not submit my application yesterday because I have just begun working on it.
This morning I received an e-mail from PTCAS stating "the program you designated as your early decision choice is no longer considering you as an applicant for early decision". I am not sure how this is so! I haven't even completed my application, and many materials are missing currently such as transcript, GRE, GPA, etc.

I e-mailed the school directly to find out why, but has this ever happened to anyone?! It doesn't make sense!
 
Yes, I got the same message and immediately contacted PTCAS and the school that I am interested in. This is the first time that I have used PTCAS and am still trying to completely figure out the system but do NOT feel like you are alone. Let me know if you hear anything back and I will let you know as soon as either source contacts me back.
 
That makes me feel a lot better! I just don't understand what they could have possibly judged us on as applicants if all of our materials aren't in. I will surely let you know if the school responds. I may even contact PTCAS too just to have all bases covered.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That makes me feel a lot better! I just don't understand what they could have possibly judged us on as applicants if all of our materials aren't in. I will surely let you know if the school responds. I may even contact PTCAS too just to have all bases covered.
Keep us updated, I am curious about this one!
 
So PTCAS sent me the following email....."Thank you for contacting PTCAS. Technical support is currently working to resolve this issue as soon as possible- it was nothing you did. We are looking into the cause of the email release, please ignore for now." I guess there was a glitch this morning which caused ALL early admission applicants to get denied; however, I am yet to have the option to reapply for early admissions, so if you get the option please let me know.
 
Thankfully it was just an error! I almost had a nervous breakdown lol. PTCAS emailed me saying:
Good Morning,

We are contacting you regarding the status of your application for Early Decision consideration at a physical therapy program through PTCAS. Some early decision applicants inadvertently received an e-mail communication earlier today alerting them that they were no longer being considered for early decision at the selected program and to contact the program directly for more information. Please disregard that earlier message.

Your application is still being considered for early decision and will be delivered to your selected early decision program upon submission.