Deferring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrFaiyaz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently sent in my applications to SGU and ROSM, I applied for january admission. In the situation that I get accepted, I would prefer to defer to the fall. Is that possible.

Members don't see this ad.

DrFaiyaz said:
I recently sent in my applications to SGU and ROSM, I applied for january admission. In the situation that I get accepted, I would prefer to defer to the fall. Is that possible.

SGU as far as I know does not allow you to defer. If they do it is a new policy. If you don't want to start in Jan I don't see why you can't call up the schools admissions dept. and ask to be considered for fall.

DrFaiyaz said:

Ross may or may not let you defer. Best bet is to ask after you get your acceptance. The problem is, the fall class is usually the most competitive and, therefore, the largest. Fewer people start in January, and the smallest class starts in May. So, the school tries (as they did with me) to push people into the January or May starting class. Not saying that it won't happen, but it's more likely that they will make you re-apply.

My advice, especially if you have a relatively strong application (i.e., strong grades from a fairly well-known undergrad college and 27+ on the MCAT), is to just wait to apply late next spring.

-Skip