Definitive List of Schools that Require Dean's Certification

Started by jaygatsby
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jaygatsby

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is kind of an off-shoot of my previous thread (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=823102). So WashU asks for a Dean's Certification letter, but does anyone know of others that ask for it also? Either as part of the application or as part of the acceptance/matriculant package? From my searching this is what I've found:

WashU
Tufts
Indiana
Temple
MCW (Not sure about this one. I found that it asks for the certification if you've checked that you've been subjected to an institutional action, but I figure this might be the norm for most schools)
Boston (Now sure about this one either)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You say that now, but you need to go look at the Georgetown thread by @Jalby before saying that every thread should have an expiration date.
That thread gets hits every few months though, which should keep it active and in good standing.
 
That thread gets hits every few months though, which should keep it active and in good standing.
It went like 5 or 6 years without being posted on before getting bumped, and didn't really start getting posted on every few months until more recently, I'm pretty sure. Regardless, that thread is living proof that not EVERY thread needs an expiration date.

This one, on the other hand...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You could have a voting system for "preserved" status

Like how building get on the National Register of Historic Places...i like it.

Is dean cert still a thing?

dean cert is still a thing-- I know this because I have to go to my undergrad to get the dean cert for Indiana II. Must suck if you live very far away from your undergrad.
 
Last edited:
From every school you have attended?

Yes.

"The Dean's Certification Form must be submitted to all colleges and universities attended (those listed on your AMCAS application with the exception of those attended outside of the US or Canada) whether or not a degree was earned. If you attended more than one college or university, provide each institution a copy of this form to complete."
 
Yes.

"The Dean's Certification Form must be submitted to all colleges and universities attended (those listed on your AMCAS application with the exception of those attended outside of the US or Canada) whether or not a degree was earned. If you attended more than one college or university, provide each institution a copy of this form to complete."
where do I even go to get this? The registrar ?
 
Fast forward to 2020. Are there any other schools apart from WashU, Tufts,Indiana,Temple, and MCW that past applicants have found request a Dean's Certification either post II or pre-matriculation?
 
Seconded, do those schools ^^^^ or others require a dean's letter? At my college we are not allowed to even meet with our dean I am not sure how I could get a LoR from him.....