China and Eastern Asia Degree in China

Started by slu0607
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

slu0607

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a question I often hear after I tell people that I am going to China for medical school. My whole life has changed since I met James Hu the first time at Saint Francis Medical Center in Lynwood. James came as a guest speaker to talk about the program in China and the opportunity to become a doctor. I had an “Aha!” moment. Before listening to him, the only thing I thought about was nursing school, but deep down I felt I was better off going all the way to become a doctor. However, I was afraid of all the costs and overwhelming competition. The medical degree in China program offers more options than any other schools, a double major opportunity in medical science and clinical pharmacology, the option to learn Chinese traditional medicine and Mandarin. So I took a leap of faith and started taking all my premed courses to be ready for this new adventure. In August, I will be heading to Shenyang, and yes, I am excited, but I don't let myself expect too much because I know it is going to be hard but worth it.