Delay or take the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

islanddrive

Future DDS
Reaction score
I was supposed to take the DAT in November but had a few setbacks due to family. I've been studying over the holidays and I feel like I'm ready now to take on the beast but i'm so nervous that i'm considering postponing it until the summer now. I've pulled my scores up on my practice tests a lot over the last few months and I think I should be able to get at least a 20+AA but i'm still nervous. Should I just take it?

Members don't see this ad.

I was supposed to take the DAT in November but had a few setbacks due to family. I've been studying over the holidays and I feel like I'm ready now to take on the beast but i'm so nervous that i'm considering postponing it until the summer now. I've pulled my scores up on my practice tests a lot over the last few months and I think I should be able to get at least a 20+AA but i'm still nervous. Should I just take it?

I would not let a timed test determine what you will score on the DAT, it is merely a rough idea and you most certainly can score higher, yet again you can score lower. If you have a strong foundation and feel prepared go for it, but if you have doubt, I would weigh on the side of caution and reschedule.

This is not a test you want to take more than once.

Just my 2 cents

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
I would not let a timed test determine what you will score on the DAT, it is merely a rough idea and you most certainly can score higher, yet again you can score lower. If you have a strong foundation and feel prepared go for it, but if you have doubt, I would weigh on the side of caution and reschedule.

This is not a test you want to take more than once.

Just my 2 cents

Nancy

Thanks Nancy! I delayed the exam because of your comment and I'm glad I did, I scored a 23AA! Will be posting a breakdown soon :)