Delay Supplemental Apps until Jan PCAT

Started by Nemo89
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nemo89

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the PCAT this September and received a 67 composite due to a low Quantitative and Reading Comprehension score. I plan to retake the PCAT in January, however, I'm wondering if I should delay sending in the secondary supplemental applications until I have taken my January PCAT. I was able to include in my PharmCAS application that I will also be taking the PCAT in January.

The schools I am applying and their deadlines are:
Midwestern (Downers Grove, IL): March 01, 2012
Rosalind Franklin University: March 01, 2012
UIC has a two week deadline for supplemental apps after they sent it.
I already sent supplementals to Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville and Roosevelt University.

My question mainly concerns Midwestern and Rosalind. I worry that if I send in my secondary applications now, they will reject me without waiting to see my January PCAT scores.

Additional Info: My cumulative GPA is 3.26 and science GPA is 2.98. I'm currently taking two pre-req classes (stats and speech) at a community college, which I will be getting A's in. I graduated from UIC with a Bachelors in Biological Sciences in May 2011. I have been working as a Pharmacy Tech for 3 years and am also certified.

Thanks! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
 
I would get the supps in as soon as possible! I did horrible on my sept pcat and I still got an interview for this Friday... Most schools are on a rolling admission process, and will still offer an interview... I am retaking in jan as well.

Besides, the supps are time consuming so just get them over with.

🙂 tiff