Delays due to coronavirus ?

Started by Pt girl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pt girl

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think that everything going on with the coronavirus it will postpone acceptance emails/mail waitlist updates?
 
I'm glad someone made a thread about this. While I dont think it will delay acceptances, a lot of programs will begin in May/June and if this situation keeps escalating - it could very well hamper many start dates.

Still early though but I guess we'll see.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Possible. Profs/administrators are absolutely swamped right now dealing with COVID, so delays may happen. If you are still in school, please be kind to your profs/admins!
 
Do you think that everything going on with the coronavirus it will postpone acceptance emails/mail waitlist updates?
Possibly/probably. I'm a third year student in NY and things have been rather a mess. If things seem delayed don't worry and be patient. I think DPT programs' top priorities have shifted to trying to figure out how to get current students through their curriculum on time if we're supposed to be remote-learning. I really doubt they've been thinking much about candidate applications the past few weeks. Everything has been so sudden, and it's such a drastic circumstance to try to adapt to, that schools have been on their heels scrambling.
I know it isn't helping the waiting anxiety :-/ just know that it isn't YOU, it's everything else going on