Delete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twixmoments

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
🙋‍♂️ Can you clarify your target audience: are you talking about postbac program reviewers or med school admissions committee reviewers? I think if you got accepted to a postbac program, you will get additional guidance on your PS strategy or messaging.

🙋‍♂️ Can you clarify your target audience: are you talking about postbac program reviewers or med school admissions committee reviewers? I think if you got accepted to a postbac program, you will get additional guidance on your PS strategy or messaging.

Thanks for the response.

In this case, it would go to the postbac program reviewers. Just wanted to put my best possible foot forward and try to make my essay and application as strong as possible; as if it were going to a med school, especially for the really competitive programs like Goucher w/ strong linkage connections. From what I've been hearing, a similar version of my PS, rec letters, etc. will likely be forwarded over to linkage schools. Though, you are very right that the programs will help me edit them! Maybe I'm being a little over neurotic here lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response.

In this case, it would go to the postbac program reviewers. Just wanted to put my best possible foot forward and try to make my essay and application as strong as possible; as if it were going to a med school, especially for the really competitive programs like Goucher w/ strong linkage connections. From what I've been hearing, a similar version of my PS, rec letters, etc. will likely be forwarded over to linkage schools. Though, you are very right that the programs will help me edit them! Maybe I'm being a little over neurotic here lmao
Okay. Well, I would advise not dwelling too much into it for your personal statement, especially as there is now Other Impactful Experiences and possibly other "anything else" prompts that your mental health challenges can be proper topics with more detail. I would not want you to be vulnerable to re-traumatizing unnecessarily over the next three years, so find out how much you can say and feel comfortable. You are not interviewing a prospective mental health therapist, though if you have one, you may need their help.

In short, I'm worried more about you than the admissions committees, especially if the first ones to read are part of a postbac program (who may also serve ex officio for their home adcom).