You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
delete
Started by plasmodium
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm sorry that happened to you =( I woke up in the middle of the night before my test on the 3rd and double checked my ID (I go by my middle name) because of paranoia of this happening.
AAMC will not offer you a refund, and you are too late for the August 10 test. You have to register, at the minimum, 7 days before the test starts.. and you will pay a fee for late registration if you're less than 14 days.
As crappy as it is, those emails specifically say IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE YOUR ID MATCHES YOUR REGISTRATION.
Good luck with getting into a test ASAP. I can't imagine how bad this sucks =\ I think you're out $240
edit: You could get into anything August 13 or later, though. Not sure about the test dates.
AAMC will not offer you a refund, and you are too late for the August 10 test. You have to register, at the minimum, 7 days before the test starts.. and you will pay a fee for late registration if you're less than 14 days.
As crappy as it is, those emails specifically say IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE YOUR ID MATCHES YOUR REGISTRATION.
Good luck with getting into a test ASAP. I can't imagine how bad this sucks =\ I think you're out $240
edit: You could get into anything August 13 or later, though. Not sure about the test dates.
ugh that is horrible... call the AAMC
I just realized I registered with first and last name but my drivers license + passport has first, middle, last..... am I screwed?
I just realized I registered with first and last name but my drivers license + passport has first, middle, last..... am I screwed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ugh that is horrible... call the AAMC
I just realized I registered with first and last name but my drivers license + passport has first, middle, last..... am I screwed?
Yes, you are screwed. Time to start learning to read instructions.
The AAMC site is 110% clear that your registration must match the name on your photo ID or you will not be admitted.
If you have time to fix it call AAMC Monday and ask for help, otherwise yes you will be denied access. There is no gray in the policy, or in any communication from AAMC regarding this policy.
EDIT: Oh, you were quoting someone else.
You should log into https://services.aamc.org/20/mcat/, click on View Details, click on Contact & Personal Information, and check to see if your middle name is already entered. You most likely did register with your middle name, it's just a little confusing because AAMC doesn't include your middle name when they email you.I just realized I registered with first and last name but my drivers license + passport has first, middle, last..... am I screwed?
If your middle name isn't there though, just enter it and save. Crisis averted 🙂
The email confirmation I got from AAMC says my first and last name, but I am registered on the AAMC site with my middle initial 😕
Also, when registering for the test, they only ask for First and Last name, no space for middle (I just checked)
EDIT: sorry didn't see glassdoll's comment!
Also, when registering for the test, they only ask for First and Last name, no space for middle (I just checked)
EDIT: sorry didn't see glassdoll's comment!
So, back on topic, can anyone offer any suggestions, advice or input? Has anyone had ever been in a similar predicament?
Yes, you are screwed. Time to start learning to read instructions.
The AAMC site is 110% clear that your registration must match the name on your photo ID or you will not be admitted.
If you have time to fix it call AAMC Monday and ask for help, otherwise yes you will be denied access. There is no gray in the policy, or in any communication from AAMC regarding this policy.
From the AAMC: "The names you enter in the First and Last Name fields must match the names listed on the current (unexpired), major government-issued photo ID that includes an expiration date and signature, and is required to verify your identity on test day."
Middle name doesn't matter.
No you are not screwed I wrote twice without giving them my middle name. FIRST and LAST name must match exactly on registration and ID.
OP, were you testing in the North Texas area by chance? I think I saw you trying to work this out at the testing center... tough break.
I wouldn't expect a refund, and would register for the next available test you can, which will probably not be nearly as soon as you need it....
I would just resign yourself to the fact that it all got screwed up and you need to start the process over again...
I wouldn't expect a refund, and would register for the next available test you can, which will probably not be nearly as soon as you need it....
I would just resign yourself to the fact that it all got screwed up and you need to start the process over again...