[Deleted post]

Started by carrot395
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thanks. I saw the 2 pdf files and I noticed that the old MCAT data is very skewed - that's why I wasn't sure if I can simply add up the numbers and do a numerical calculation. Now I couldn't find a statistic analysis on score conversion.... median score will be more helpful than mean

What I meant from my last post is that you take whatever section you're looking at and compare it with the same section on the old MCAT. No adding, no calculations whatsoever.

A 130 on CARS is the 97th percentile (from the chart). The 97th percentile of VR puts you just below a 12 (from the other chart). That's it. You can also do that same thing with your overall score using the top chart of both documents. 514 = 91st percentile = 33
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Easiest way is to simply convert total to percentile and compare it to percentile on old exam. I'm not sure how valuable converting individual scores will be, as I think adcoms will compare the composite only (regardless of the new MCAT having a new section). Btw, a competitive MD score is probably 509 and greater, competitive DO is probably 503 and greater.
 
Here, I made this just for people like y'all

vFuL9q5.png