-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
[Deleted post]
Started by carrot395
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don't know whether to send you to Allo or hSDN...
Male medical students, how would you feel if a female classmate asks you out? Would you give her a chance?
depends on how attractive she is
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Take the risk... If I weren't married and a nice girl asked me out, I would be an ass if I didn't go on atleast 1 date with her.
If he spread rumors about you it would look poorly/childish on him not you.
Last edited:
^. The attractiveness ratio must be <1 (your attractiveness divided by his)depends on how attractive she is
B
Beezlebub
Only if she can keep up w/ me on UW. I need a girl w/ stamina.
Only if you can handle a no! If not, be friends with him and you'd know if he likes you or not! But again when u like someone, u make up stories from nada [emoji23]
If you just came out of a relationship, aren't you upset? If yes, single life rocks so embrace it and if not then go for it but like the guy above said, go with the flow, don't calculate or over-calculate anything !
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Omg this. OP I would be mortified if a guy said "no" if I asked him out because fragile snowflake lol I prefer the flirty signal route, and letting him make a move.
But you like being direct, so. Let us know how it goes

Username checks out.get it girl
We don't pick up very well on the flirty signal route. Too many winks from across the bar only to approach to a 180-turn have made me very cynical. It's perfectly fine to just walk together after class and if it's lunch time say,
Girl: "have you ever been to X restaurant, bar, cafe, etc?"
Boy: "No."
Girl: "Want to go check it out"
Boy: "Yes."
It's not "making a move". We don't exactly live in the 1920s anymore.
Mmk. Relax. No one said anything about 1920s, big guy. I was just alluding to letting him be the one to initiate a dinner/coffee/drinks date.
I can understand the cynicism though. I'd prob be the same way if I got turned down a lot. Which is why I avoid it like the plague.
Hey all,
So my previous boyfriend and I broke up due to long distance and his inability to deal with my medical school schedules. The relationship has been dead for a few months but we dragged it out. No chance of rebound happening, but I want to wait for a month before making any decisions. Would it be acceptable to ask out a guy in my medical school class to go on a date with me after breaking up with boyfriend for a month? I think he might like me but I am not too sure. He is currently single. I like being straightforward with my intentions as a "date" but my friends told me it might be less pressure to just "hang out". I won't get offended or weird if he says no, but I am worried that he might get upset or never talk to me again. I don't think he will spread rumors and tell the whole school.
Male medical students, how would you feel if a female classmate asks you out? Would you give her a chance?
Do you know who you are talking to?
Enlighten me, I know nothing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Enlighten me, I know nothing
??? why exactly do I need to relax.... Also, I never said anything about getting "turned down a lot", I was referring to guys getting extremely mixed signals from girls so often that we just stop paying attention to signals entirely. I feel that you interpreted my post completely incorrectly, sorry.
Lol maybe I did interpret it incorrectly because *~internets*~ pero like I think I get the gist of what you're saying. Signals are lost nowadays/men aren't really paying attention to it. Be direct.
I've been outclassed.
kittycat007
Let yourself completely heal from the last relationship.
I'd stay in the books for now.
There will be plenty of time for romance after med school.
Let yourself completely heal from the last relationship.
I'd stay in the books for now.
There will be plenty of time for romance after med school.
Ye of so little faith! Our generation does courtship the RIGHT WAY: stare at your mate from across the room. When he/she makes eye contact, screech at the top of your lungs, grab them in your talons and fly to your nest. Romance right?Ask him if he wants to go out with you and record his reaction. If he doesn't, tell him jk just a prank! Isn't that how people get away with everything nowadays 🙄?
If I'm not mistaken, I think that's how birds do itYe of so little faith! Our generation does courtship the RIGHT WAY: stare at your mate from across the room. When he/she makes eye contact, screech at the top of your lungs, grab them in your talons and fly to your nest. Romance right?
Even educated fleas do it.If I'm not mistaken, I think that's how birds do it
Do it. This isn't 1850.Hey all,
So my previous boyfriend and I broke up due to long distance and his inability to deal with my medical school schedules. The relationship has been dead for a few months but we dragged it out. No chance of rebound happening, but I want to wait for a month before making any decisions. Would it be acceptable to ask out a guy in my medical school class to go on a date with me after breaking up with boyfriend for a month? I think he might like me but I am not too sure. He is currently single. I like being straightforward with my intentions as a "date" but my friends told me it might be less pressure to just "hang out". I won't get offended or weird if he says no, but I am worried that he might get upset or never talk to me again. I don't think he will spread rumors and tell the whole school.
Male medical students, how would you feel if a female classmate asks you out? Would you give her a chance?
Do people really think that dating is different in medical school?
I'm so proud of you.Even educated fleas do it.
Guys not figuring out what girls mean is more because we're dumb af than them sending mixed signals??? why exactly do I need to relax.... Also, I never said anything about getting "turned down a lot", I was referring to guys getting extremely mixed signals from girls so often that we just stop paying attention to signals entirely. I feel that you interpreted my post completely incorrectly, sorry.
OP
My wife hates it when I tell this story, but it's true.
At a scientific meeting, she hit on me.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Blood is thick, but water thin
In for a penny, in for a pound
It's love that makes the world go round.
At a scientific meeting, she hit on me.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Blood is thick, but water thin
In for a penny, in for a pound
It's love that makes the world go round.
Hey all,
So my previous boyfriend and I broke up due to long distance and his inability to deal with my medical school schedules. The relationship has been dead for a few months but we dragged it out. No chance of rebound happening, but I want to wait for a month before making any decisions. Would it be acceptable to ask out a guy in my medical school class to go on a date with me after breaking up with boyfriend for a month? I think he might like me but I am not too sure. He is currently single. I like being straightforward with my intentions as a "date" but my friends told me it might be less pressure to just "hang out". I won't get offended or weird if he says no, but I am worried that he might get upset or never talk to me again. I don't think he will spread rumors and tell the whole school.
Male medical students, how would you feel if a female classmate asks you out? Would you give her a chance?
I'd say forget about him and look for that handsome anesthesiology resident
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7
787593
Only if she can on-the-spot quote season 1 of spongebob verbatim...Hey all,
So my previous boyfriend and I broke up due to long distance and his inability to deal with my medical school schedules. The relationship has been dead for a few months but we dragged it out. No chance of rebound happening, but I want to wait for a month before making any decisions. Would it be acceptable to ask out a guy in my medical school class to go on a date with me after breaking up with boyfriend for a month? I think he might like me but I am not too sure. He is currently single. I like being straightforward with my intentions as a "date" but my friends told me it might be less pressure to just "hang out". I won't get offended or weird if he says no, but I am worried that he might get upset or never talk to me again. I don't think he will spread rumors and tell the whole school.
Male medical students, how would you feel if a female classmate asks you out? Would you give her a chance?
I wish I could retweet thisThere are flirty girls, and then there are girls who flirt because they like you. Discerning which is which is nearly impossible for us simple minded men 🙁
What’s the worst/best that could happen, @kittycat007 ?
Once I met this incredible guy, and we became best friends.
One day I bluntly told him: 1) I absolutely hate playing games, 2) he was the most amazing person I had ever met in my entire life, and 3) if he ever asked me to marry him, I’d say yes.
Two weeks later, yup, put a ring on it.
Twenty-eight years later—still waking up every morning to my best friend.
Once I met this incredible guy, and we became best friends.
One day I bluntly told him: 1) I absolutely hate playing games, 2) he was the most amazing person I had ever met in my entire life, and 3) if he ever asked me to marry him, I’d say yes.
Two weeks later, yup, put a ring on it.
Twenty-eight years later—still waking up every morning to my best friend.
Thanks for all the encouragements and funny comments! Unfortunately the guy is not interested... when I asked him if I could come over to hang out, he told me that he is leaving the house because he needs to study... on a Friday night at 9pm...
Quite disappointing. But next time when I meet someone that I like, I will ask again. It's better to know sooner than later.
I mean I've definitely had times when I was studying on a Friday night at 9 pm.
Thanks for all the encouragements and funny comments! Unfortunately the guy is not interested... when I asked him if I could come over to hang out, he told me that he is leaving the house because he needs to study... on a Friday night at 9pm...
Quite disappointing. But next time when I meet someone that I like, I will ask again. It's better to know sooner than later.
Maybe ask him to go grab a drink or something? Asking him if you can come over and hang out is a little odd
Thanks for all the encouragements and funny comments! Unfortunately the guy is not interested... when I asked him if I could come over to hang out, he told me that he is leaving the house because he needs to study... on a Friday night at 9pm...
Quite disappointing. But next time when I meet someone that I like, I will ask again. It's better to know sooner than later.
Could of been going to the library somewhere to study... Don't give up. Or if he has no interests, move on. Good luck.
She likes you:
-She laughs at your stupid jokes, no you're really not that funny
-She finds an excuse to touch you... on the shoulder or arm people
-She finds ways to spend more time with you
She doesn't like you:
-"You're such a great friend!"
Been that way since we were Neanderthals
-She laughs at your stupid jokes, no you're really not that funny
-She finds an excuse to touch you... on the shoulder or arm people
-She finds ways to spend more time with you
She doesn't like you:
-"You're such a great friend!"
Been that way since we were Neanderthals
S
sdrmcallister
This.Don't try to make dating a structured process, just go with the flow! Keep it simple and natural
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'd be very flattered if a girl asked me out. TBH, if she Isn't physically attractive to me, I'd probably shoot her down very nicely. I'm not one to try and give false hope or anything. Then again, I'm pretty picky and I consider it one of my weaknesses
Hey all,
So my previous boyfriend and I broke up due to long distance and his inability to deal with my medical school schedules. The relationship has been dead for a few months but we dragged it out. No chance of rebound happening, but I want to wait for a month before making any decisions. Would it be acceptable to ask out a guy in my medical school class to go on a date with me after breaking up with boyfriend for a month? I think he might like me but I am not too sure. He is currently single. I like being straightforward with my intentions as a "date" but my friends told me it might be less pressure to just "hang out". I won't get offended or weird if he says no, but I am worried that he might get upset or never talk to me again. I don't think he will spread rumors and tell the whole school.
Male medical students, how would you feel if a female classmate asks you out? Would you give her a chance?
My personal story on this topic: back in the day, in my first year of med school, I was a socially awkward geek with a dirty mind and a big mouth. I was in the library the day of the next year's class interviews, trying to help candidates relax. One of my classmates joined in the conversation. After the students left, we continued to chat. She was outgoing, talented, and gorgeous. She was also way out of my league, which might explain why had no qualms about discussing masturbation(!) with her. A week later, she called to see if I wanted to go to a movie. I asked if I needed to call up anyone else in the proverbial gang. She said no, that wouldn't be necessary. Not until after I dropped her at home did I clue in that we were out on a date.
20 years later, we're still happily married with two amazing kids.
In matters of the heart, follow your heart.
Bring him nachos...that's how I got my boyfriend to fall in love with meThanks for all the encouragements and funny comments! Unfortunately the guy is not interested... when I asked him if I could come over to hang out, he told me that he is leaving the house because he needs to study... on a Friday night at 9pm...
Quite disappointing. But next time when I meet someone that I like, I will ask again. It's better to know sooner than later.
LOL this is hilariousBring him nachos...that's how I got my boyfriend to fall in love with me
PLEASE tell us the whole story! I love " Wife asked out the husband first" stories...My wife hates it when I tell this story, but it's true.
At a scientific meeting, she hit on me.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Blood is thick, but water thin
In for a penny, in for a pound
It's love that makes the world go round.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm so serious! I brought him nachos and he asked me to be his girlfriend the next day, and now we've been together for 4 years!LOL this is hilarious
that's the best story! hahahaI'm so serious! I brought him nachos and he asked me to be his girlfriend the next day, and now we've been together for 4 years!
I'm so serious! I brought him nachos and he asked me to be his girlfriend the next day, and now we've been together for 4 years!
Pics or it didn't happen
Some of us get so sick of chasing choosy women that a girl making the first move would be attractive by itself