[deleted]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, thanks for offering to answer questions. I appreciate it!

I'm wondering if you'd be willing to (1) share the reasons you chose to attend a Masters program before applying med school, (2) if you think Case's MSMP program has given you what you were looking for, and (3) if you would not recommend the program for any reason.

Thanks in advance!

No problem, glad to help!

1). I think I went for this master's program for a different reason than most of my peers. Pretty much everyone went here for GPA repair, but that wasn't even a consideration at all in my decision to attend (even though my uGPA is mediocre at 3.4). I wanted a master's degree before med school because I thought it would bolster my credentials when I got to the point of applying. Finally, I wanted another degree in a hard science because, frankly, I love it.

2). I'll have to post here again several months or so later to tell you if it helped me get into med school. Asides from that, yes. I turned down several other master's program acceptances (Tulane, Johns Hopkins, Commonwealth, etc) because I was truly interested in physiology and I really did love what I studied for these past two years. And it offered me a great opportunity to take classes in a world-renowned med school. Case Western also has sooo many opportunities to do cool ECs. Plus, there are multiple hospitals here to volunteer/research/work in. Honestly, no regrets. :)

3). 100% yes. But keep in mind that the growing class size is a BIG concern for my fellow graduates and current students here. We really hope this doesn't dilute the degree. Also, as another graduate here said, if you're looking to come here solely for that opportunity to interview at Case Med, don't. I personally know two students here who got into Case, but their apps were already solid to begin with.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Alright guys, biggest battle ever. Ive been accepted to Case's MS and TCMC MBS programs.....the biggest question lies as to which one would give me the best chance to get into medical school??? Since at the end of the day that is where we all want to get to. I don't have the best of stats but am taking the MCAT next Spring once I use the knowledge I gain from either of these programs to boost up that score...so any thoughts on anyone with a similar battle or advice on those that have made a decision as such??

No problem, glad to help!

1). I think I went for this master's program for a different reason that most of my peers. Pretty much everyone went here for GPA repair, but that wasn't even a consideration at all in my decision to attend (even though my uGPA is mediocre at 3.4). I wanted a master's degree before med school because I thought it would bolster my credentials when I got to the point of applying. Finally, I wanted another degree in a hard science because, frankly, I love it.

2). I'll have to post here again several months or so later to tell you if it helped me get into med school. Asides from that, yes. I turned down several other master's program acceptances (Tulane, Johns Hopkins, Commonwealth, etc) because I was truly interested in physiology and I really did love what I studied for these past two years. And it offered me a great opportunity to take classes in a world-renowned med school. Case Western also has sooo many opportunities to do cool ECs. Plus, there are multiple hospitals here to volunteer/research/work in. Honestly, no regrets. :)

3). 100% yes. But keep in mind that the growing class size is a BIG concern for my fellow graduates and current students here. We really hope this doesn't dilute the degree. Also, as another graduate here said, if you're looking to come here solely for that opportunity to interview at Case Med, don't. I personally know two students here who got into Case, but their apps were already solid to begin with.

Thank you for all this! Really helpful!

I have a couple more questions that your answers reminded me of, if that's okay!

Do you feel like if students are going into Case's program looking to boost their GPA, do they have a good shot at getting MD schools afterwards? Or is it the case that students find themselves applying to DO schools?

Also, were the two students who got in Case Med exceptional student in the MS program? Is that what set them apart from the majority? Or do you feel like people who are in the MS program, who do extremely well academically (despite their uGPA), also have a fair shot at Case Med?

Thank you again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for all this! Really helpful!

I have a couple more questions that your answers reminded me of, if that's okay!

Do you feel like if students are going into Case's program looking to boost their GPA, do they have a good shot at getting MD schools afterwards? Or is it the case that students find themselves applying to DO schools?

Also, were the two students who got in Case Med exceptional student in the MS program? Is that what set them apart from the majority? Or do you feel like people who are in the MS program, who do extremely well academically (despite their uGPA), also have a fair shot at Case Med?

Thank you again!

Don't worry, I'm here to answer questions!

Most of the 2017 graduates are applying this year, but from the handful that applied last year, most people got into DOs and a couple into MDs. Whether you have a good shot at MD depends entirely on a case-to-case basis. Having this master's degree is certainly a positive to your application, but it's not everything.

The two students who got into Case were straight-As students in the MS program. They also had interesting ECs, high NBME percentiles and stellar MCAT scores. It'll be difficult to get an interview here, but not impossible.

Don't worry, I'm here to answer questions!

Most of the 2017 graduates are applying this year, but from the handful that applied last year, most people got into DOs and a couple into MDs. Whether you have a good shot at MD depends entirely on a case-to-case basis. Having this master's degree is certainly a positive to your application, but it's not everything.

The two students who got into Case were straight-As students in the MS program. They also had interesting ECs, high NBME percentiles and stellar MCAT scores. It'll be difficult to get an interview here, but not impossible.

So do most people stay for the full two years? Does this allow them time to do other things outside of their coursework such as volunteering, scribing, research, etc.?

Also, how would you describe the coursework? Did you find it more difficult that your undergraduate courses?

So do most people stay for the full two years? Does this allow them time to do other things outside of their coursework such as volunteering, scribing, research, etc.?

Also, how would you describe the coursework? Did you find it more difficult that your undergraduate courses?

1). Most people stay for 1.5-2 years.
2). There is time to do some volunteering the first year, but it is recommended to do it second year. I started volunteering at the hospital since first semester.
3). Coursework is much harder than undergrad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone here accepted their offer to attend this fall?

Hello! I recently chose CWRU's MS in Medical Physiology program over Rosalind Franklin BMS Program and Rutgers BMS Program! I was just wondering if there was a Facebook group created? Maybe to get to know fellow classmates before orientation week?

Thanks!

Hello! I recently chose CWRU's MS in Medical Physiology program over Rosalind Franklin BMS Program and Rutgers BMS Program! I was just wondering if there was a Facebook group created? Maybe to get to know fellow classmates before orientation week?

Thanks!

Hey! Curious, why did you choose Case over those programs?

Hey! Curious, why did you choose Case over those programs?

Hey! Let's start off with I'm a Canadian, so I really had to make sure I spent my money wisely with whichever school I chose, since we don't get much in loans. I chose Case over Rutgers and Rosalind (after months of thinking...) because I had to think that if I was in the worst scenario (not being able to get into medical school)-what program would provide me a back-up and maybe even a job?..and the only option that provided that was Case with a Master of Science-which I could follow with a PhD or I could complete a dual MSc and MBA and work in healthcare. For Rutgers I would need to decide by I believe October/November if I was choosing the research route or not, and Rosalind didn't have the option all together. That was pretty much my train of thought-I hope it helps!

I graduated from this program a couple of years ago and I'm on my way to med school this fall. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Hi there! I was recently accepted into this program for Fall 2017. I am wondering whether this program has made students competitive for specifically MD schools? For those who are currently in the program, if you were to go back and make the decision again, would you choose to attend CWRU?

I was at Case for the MSMP Program. I know it sounds prestigious and the video was convincing, but don't do it. It's a lot of debt to answer vague test questions that are often unfair and ultimately dictate your future. A lot of quiz questions are written by TA's for the course, which are second year students of the program; they are not at any level to write these questions as they don't yet have enough of an understanding of the material. Challenging these questions comes with it's own bout of trouble, even with proof from the text. With this program, most interactions are with the TA's; if you're lucky you get good ones. I was not as lucky. It was the hardest I'd ever studied, among a competitive environment in a city that is more than dilapidated, all for them to tell me that my A's were not high enough to get an A overall in a course (different block exams are weighted differently, so getting A's on 3/4 exams does not guarantee a good grade). Having to sift through information from a lengthy, poorly worded text that was written by a professor of the department, along with lecture slides, lecture notes, and scientific papers that often contradicted one another, was not worth a 10 question quiz asking minute details. These details were not covered in review sessions or office hours held by TA's; rather they honed in on overall concepts, which was not helpful for the questions asked. I regret not picking a different program every day.

Members don't see this ad :)
My wife and I just got acceptance together yesterday. Are there any opportunities for MCAT prep while enrolled, (that's what I need most!) GPA 3.65/MCAT 496

I was at Case for the MSMP Program. I know it sounds prestigious and the video was convincing, but don't do it. It's a lot of debt to answer vague test questions that are often unfair and ultimately dictate your future. A lot of quiz questions are written by TA's for the course, which are second year students of the program; they are not at any level to write these questions as they don't yet have enough of an understanding of the material. Challenging these questions comes with it's own bout of trouble, even with proof from the text. With this program, most interactions are with the TA's; if you're lucky you get good ones. I was not as lucky. It was the hardest I'd ever studied, among a competitive environment in a city that is more than dilapidated, all for them to tell me that my A's were not high enough to get an A overall in a course (different block exams are weighted differently, so getting A's on 3/4 exams does not guarantee a good grade). Having to sift through information from a lengthy, poorly worded text that was written by a professor of the department, along with lecture slides, lecture notes, and scientific papers that often contradicted one another, was not worth a 10 question quiz asking minute details. These details were not covered in review sessions or office hours held by TA's; rather they honed in on overall concepts, which was not helpful for the questions asked. I regret not picking a different program every day.

did you still get into a med school after completing

Did anyone accept after the 2 week deadline they give for a decision? I'm waiting to hear if my wife was accepted to the program as well.
Although the classes will help prepare for the MCAT it seems someone interested in a MCAT prep class as well would have to pay the $2500-3500 in addition to the tuition. You could probably find a Saturdays only prep class and easily take it after the first year while taking electives. A strong MCAT combined with the NBME shelf exam score and a reputable name such as Case would likely make a competitive med school applicant but I am still having my doubts about the curriculum.

With all due respect, please take comments from Sodium12 with a large grain of salt. I recently graduated from the MSMP, and currently have 10+ MD interviews with 5+ acceptances. Many of my classmates have similar success. MCAT was somewhere in the 508-512 range. This program in my opinion was absolutely worth it, and it gave me time to mature while at the same time gaining a fantastic education. Also, Cleveland is far from dilapidated.

I am sorry to hear Sodium12 had such a negative experience, but please feel free to message me with any questions in regards to the program.

With all due respect, please take comments from Sodium12 with a large grain of salt. I recently graduated from the MSMP, and currently have 10+ MD interviews with 5+ acceptances. Many of my classmates have similar success. MCAT was somewhere in the 508-512 range. This program in my opinion was absolutely worth it, and it gave me time to mature while at the same time gaining a fantastic education. Also, Cleveland is far from dilapidated.

I am sorry to hear Sodium12 had such a negative experience, but please feel free to message me with any questions in regards to the program.

Excellent, that is good to hear. Did you complete the program in 9 months or longer? Did you do bench/clinical research while enrolled. Did you go in with that MCAT or take a class during enrollment and if so when during your time there? If the program starts in August, I could take a MCAT class starting January, take the MCAT in April and submit med school applications in June about the time the Case program is concluding...Thanks for the reply!

Hey there! Could you possibly describe your own experience in the program? What made you choose it? What were your undergrad stats like if you don’t mind me asking? Also how did you manage the program, what were your weaknesses and strengths, etc. any info would be amazing to hear!

Excellent, that is good to hear. Did you complete the program in 9 months or longer? Did you do bench/clinical research while enrolled. Did you go in with that MCAT or take a class during enrollment and if so when during your time there? If the program starts in August, I could take a MCAT class starting January, take the MCAT in April and submit med school applications in June about the time the Case program is concluding...Thanks for the reply!

I took the standard amount of time to complete the program, and in the summer following my first year is when I started studying for the MCAT (I did have a previous attempt that was meh). In addition, I did complete bench research throughout the span of the program which I think really helped. Personally, I did not want to apply until the second year, but many classmates do decide to apply that first summer (of course, these classmates are taking the standard time to complete the program).

The plan that you outlined might be a little too ambitious. Keep in mind that while you would be studying for the MCAT in the spring you would also be taking more credits than the average student, which is already pretty rigorous, as well as studying for the NBME. There is also the amount of time that one needs to commit towards preparing a polished med school app (unless you already have it finished for the most part). Adding research to this would definitely be near impossible. Now, for someone trying to complete the program in its standard timeline you would have more room to breathe, space out your coursework, and gain meaningful extracurricular experiences. If you really want to finish the program early, it might be better to get your MCAT out of the way before classes start, or settle on having less extracurricular experiences. My last piece of advice would be to email the program director to see if there have been other students who have successfully attempted what you described, and to see if you can get their contact info. Go ahead an direct message me if you want more specific details! Good luck!!

Hey there! Could you possibly describe your own experience in the program? What made you choose it? What were your undergrad stats like if you don’t mind me asking? Also how did you manage the program, what were your weaknesses and strengths, etc. any info would be amazing to hear!

In my opinion the CWRU MSMP had the best track record of student success. Even now, some of my classmates are getting into some incredible schools, and for myself it definitely seems to be working. The location for me also played a factor since my family is from the midwest. Also, Cleveland certainly isn't LA or NYC, but it still has many benefits of being a major metropolitan area. One of the decisive pro's for me was the proximity to the Cleveland Clinic. I was able to work with some fantastic faculty and obtain meaningful shadowing experiences, which translated to strong rec letters and guidance throughout the admissions process. UH hospital is even closer to CWRU, which made some of my other volunteering much more manageable. Cost of living is incredibly cheap, which softens the blow of the price of tuition. Also, the core faculty leading the program are incredibly generous with their time and are happy to get you in contact with the right people or provide you with general advice.

The program is tough, there is no easy way to put it, but certainly not as difficult as what I manage med school to be. My strengths are in time management and studying for classes, whereas my weakness is standardized testing. Thus, my undergrad GPA was 3.7-4.0, but my MCAT was originally below the 70th percentile. The physiology basically replaced my studying for the Bio/Biochem section for the MCAT, which ended up being above 90th percentile, with an overall score above 80th percentile.

Throughout the program I studied in groups as well as independently. I studied independently 3/4 of the way before an exam, and the last 1/4 right before an exam I spent time bouncing ideas, notes, questions off fellow classmates which consisted of groups around 4-8 people. Of course, everyone studies a little differently; some may get their material from lectures, some from powerpoints, some from the textbook. In my opinion, to do well on exams it required a balance of all 3. I think my average time for studying each day was around 3-4 hours, whereas on the weekends it would be more like 6-8, but this might have been a little more than necessary. Overall, in my opinion it is a great program. Now, with any organization the human component is bound to make errors, and certainly some TA's end up being less useful than others, some questions on exams are incorrect (which can be turned over by students), or a faculty lecture falls flat; but, with that all being said the benefits of the program far outweigh the bumps that are bound to come up along the way.

In my opinion the CWRU MSMP had the best track record of student success. Even now, some of my classmates are getting into some incredible schools, and for myself it definitely seems to be working. The location for me also played a factor since my family is from the midwest. Also, Cleveland certainly isn't LA or NYC, but it still has many benefits of being a major metropolitan area. One of the decisive pro's for me was the proximity to the Cleveland Clinic. I was able to work with some fantastic faculty and obtain meaningful shadowing experiences, which translated to strong rec letters and guidance throughout the admissions process. UH hospital is even closer to CWRU, which made some of my other volunteering much more manageable. Cost of living is incredibly cheap, which softens the blow of the price of tuition. Also, the core faculty leading the program are incredibly generous with their time and are happy to get you in contact with the right people or provide you with general advice.

The program is tough, there is no easy way to put it, but certainly not as difficult as what I manage med school to be. My strengths are in time management and studying for classes, whereas my weakness is standardized testing. Thus, my undergrad GPA was 3.7-4.0, but my MCAT was originally below the 70th percentile. The physiology basically replaced my studying for the Bio/Biochem section for the MCAT, which ended up being above 90th percentile, with an overall score above 80th percentile.

Throughout the program I studied in groups as well as independently. I studied independently 3/4 of the way before an exam, and the last 1/4 right before an exam I spent time bouncing ideas, notes, questions off fellow classmates which consisted of groups around 4-8 people. Of course, everyone studies a little differently; some may get their material from lectures, some from powerpoints, some from the textbook. In my opinion, to do well on exams it required a balance of all 3. I think my average time for studying each day was around 3-4 hours, whereas on the weekends it would be more like 6-8, but this might have been a little more than necessary. Overall, in my opinion it is a great program. Now, with any organization the human component is bound to make errors, and certainly some TA's end up being less useful than others, some questions on exams are incorrect (which can be turned over by students), or a faculty lecture falls flat; but, with that all being said the benefits of the program far outweigh the bumps that are bound to come up along the way.

Thank you, that is excellent advice. Standard route and summer MCAT prep does sound more appealing in order to get in the extracurricular work as well. Last question: where did you live? If I select the program, I will be coming with wife and kids who was also accepted and I'd like something in a safe area, but I know nothing about Cleveland other than I am from a small rural town and it seems daunting and unsafe everywhere. Looking at Cleveland Heights area but doesn't seem cheap. Thanks again,

Simply look at the alumni of 2016 or 2017. Seems like approximately ten percent of the alumni or less.
My friend who finished the dual MS-MBA didn't get into med school and he had a 4.0 in the MS and got a 3.85 in the MBA and had roughly the same MCAT as me. The problem is that his undergrad gpa was 3.1 and that really held him back.

I have to completely disagree with you about this program in general. I'm graduating in May I don't think anyone who is trying to go to med school should the MS in physio here. I have gotten all A's except 1 B in Trans Phys. I'm not sure where you are getting the information that several people are getting into medical school from this program because that is completely false. Of my friends who applied right after the first year of this program only 2 have gotten into medical school thus far. I had 4 interviews but that solely because my MCAT was 80th percentile, ECs were good, and my undergrad GPA was a 3.4ish. Please don't misinform people about this program. If you are coming here for GPA repair this is the wrong program for you honestly if you have a 3.3 or higher then its fine but I would still consider going to another program. You already had a high GPA from undergrad and idk what your MCAT score was before applying to this program but if it was solid you would have had a high chance of getting in without the MS here. People again this program does not help much for GPA repair! The advising is okay and depends on the advisor it seems you really have to navigate the system to get answers. Also, you can do a quick google search on alumni and see if they are actually in medical school. I found from doing this very few actually got into medical school seems like they are still in the process. Which is quite alarming. I really wonder why you would say that a lot of your friends got into Med school because that is a lie. Simply look at the alumni of 2016 or 2017

I'm actually in the process of applying to other post bacc and smp programs right now because I feel like this one was a complete waste. Also, the several people who you mentioned who got into medical schools from here had a solid application already coming into this program especially in terms of gpa. Maybe they needed to boost up their mcat score or ecs. I really hate to trash this program but it is the truth. The professors hearing teaching physiology are amazing though. They are cheaper programs out there which can yield better results. Sorry for posting 3 times on this but it wouldn't let me edit on the other 2 posts. Some info about me. I had a 3.4 in undergrad, 3.91 in grad and between a 508-510 on my MCAT

So i got accepted into this program on Friday. I'm kind of confused because I see everywhere that this "can be completed as little as 1 year." Is there just one program and you complete it in 1 or 2? Or is it set in stone how long it is to be? Just need some clarification.

Does anyone know if the adcom accepts committee letters as a substitute for the three required LORs? I've searched everywhere on their website as well as contacted the school to no avail.

Does anyone know if the adcom accepts committee letters as a substitute for the three required LORs? I've searched everywhere on their website as well as contacted the school to no avail.
I know it doesn't clearly say you can or can't, but I'm sure that they do. All dental and medical school take them so they have to. Call Mr. Bart Jarmusch to verify if you want to.

So i got accepted into this program on Friday. I'm kind of confused because I see everywhere that this "can be completed as little as 1 year." Is there just one program and you complete it in 1 or 2? Or is it set in stone how long it is to be? Just need some clarification.

Unless the curriculum has changed since my year, you can complete it in one year if you decide to take more than the minimum required courses (ie Med Phys, Trans Phys, physiology seminar).

@SoCal24 It is very possible I have too much time on my hands, but I went ahead and looked at the graduating class of 2017 and confirmed by going to each Facebook page that at least 48 students (out of around 120 or so for that year) are now currently attending MD or DO,or have been accepted and matriculating this year. This is only based on who I am FB friends with and can visibly confirm. No doubt, there are some that did not get accepted, and potentially had negative experiences. With that being said, it's possible that we are at different ends of the spectrum with our experiences, and the reality of what to expect from this MSMP is somewhere in the middle. You made some solid points, and I am sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience.

Last edited:
@SoCal24 It is very possible I have too much time on my hands, but I went ahead and looked at the graduating class of 2017 and confirmed by going to each Facebook page that at least 48 students (out of around 120 or so for that year) are now currently attending medical school, or have been accepted and matriculating this year. No doubt, there are some that did not get accepted, and potentially had negative experiences. With that being said, it's possible that we are at different ends of the spectrum with our experiences, and the reality of what to expect from this MSMP is somewhere in the middle. You made some solid points, and I am sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience.

48 of 120 is pretty bad to be honest for 50-60k atleast. Also that metric says "eventually" they got in and that facebook page includes people from previous years and currently in the program. Also that group has 155 people in it several of my friends..... Also I counted and I got 21 people who are in medical school My point was that you already had a good GPA going into this program and by the looks of it you didn't necessarily need this program (barring you had a solid MCAT score). The way I feel about this program is echoed by several of my friends here as well. The program quality has suffered significantly as the coordinators continue to increase their class size (Class of 2020 has like 160 people.......) Your situation is not the normal for many people in MSMP (High Undergrad GPA) most ppl come into the program with an avg gpa of 3.2 or less and doing well in this program doesn't really help much due to your taking grad classes and med schools don't weigh them as much of anything. Doing an SMP for most people will be more beneficial than the MSMP because you're taking classes with med students and proving yourself to med schools. I feel like many of my friends with GPAs with <3.2 uGPA are in for a rude surprise when they apply to med school this coming cycle and don't get in. I don't mean to come across as rude but this program is really only concerned with making money. Also, I don't know if you noticed on Case's website they took away the BS stat that 85% of our students get into professional school. That why I'm currently looking into programs where I'm taking classes with med students aka EVMS, Gtown. Really wished I went somewhere else because I feel like I wasted 75k coming here. Please guys stay away.

Last edited:
48 of 120 is pretty bad to be honest for 50-60k atleast. Also that metric says "eventually" they got in and that facebook page includes people from previous years and currently in the program. Also that group has 155 people in it several of my friends..... Also I counted and I got 21 people who are in medical school My point was that you already had a good GPA going into this program and by the looks of it you didn't necessarily need this program (barring you had a solid MCAT score). The way I feel about this program is echoed by several of my friends here as well. The program quality has suffered significantly as the coordinators continue to increase their class size (Class of 2020 has like 160 people.......) Your situation is not the normal for many people in MSMP (High Undergrad GPA) most ppl come into the program with an avg gpa of 3.2 or less and doing well in this program doesn't really help much due to your taking grad classes and med schools don't weigh them as much of anything. Doing an SMP for most people will be more beneficial than the MSMP because you're taking classes with med students and proving yourself to med schools. I feel like many of my friends with GPAs with <3.2 uGPA are in for a rude surprise when they apply to med school this coming cycle and don't get in. I don't mean to come across as rude but this program is really only concerned with making money. Also, I don't know if you noticed on Case's website they took away the BS stat that 85% of our students get into professional school. That why I'm currently looking into programs where I'm taking classes with med students aka EVMS, Gtown. Really wished I went somewhere else because I feel like I wasted 75k coming here. Please guys stay away.
This 48 number is based off of what people posted on their facebook. That doesn't mean that the remaining 72 did not get in. A great deal do not have facebook let alone update what school they attend if they have facebook. Having said that, the remaining 72 may not get in their first time applying after the masters, but it is very likely that they get in next cycle. I myself am still electing to begin this program Fall 2018 because I am a Dental student and the competition for dental school is already less than medical with any accelerated -pre-professional MS program in America let alone CWRU. For medical I definitely see the reason for reasonable concern.

This 48 number is based off of what people posted on their facebook. That doesn't mean that the remaining 72 did not get in. A great deal do not have facebook let alone update what school they attend if they have facebook. Having said that, the remaining 72 may not get in their first time applying after the masters, but it is very likely that they get in next cycle. I myself am still electing to begin this program Fall 2018 because I am a Dental student and the competition for dental school is already less than medical with any accelerated -pre-professional MS program in America let alone CWRU. For medical I definitely see the reason for reasonable concern.

Actually, you're quite wrong after meeting with several of our advisors of the Class of 2017 and 2018 (we just graduated) only about 15% of the people who applied got into medical school thus far. This is roughly 200 people maybe slightly more, you can take that for what it is. And your fallacy in thinking people will get in next year... could not be further from the truth. Of my friends in this program who applied to med school this past cycle (50/150) 2 have gotten into med school: 3 waitlisted including me: everyone else rejected. I know a vast majority of my class is applying now but from previous years the cycle it doesn't look very promising. Evader, like i said in my previous replies I think this program is good for Dental because most pre-dents here get into dental school even if they get Bs in classes first year. I think Dental schools are more receptive in forgiving poor undergraduate gpa than Med schools and are more receptive to MS degrees. I would still look at other programs though but good luck to you.

Actually, you're quite wrong after meeting with several of our advisors of the Class of 2017 and 2018 (we just graduated) only about 15% of the people who applied got into medical school thus far. This is roughly 200 people maybe slightly more, you can take that for what it is. And your fallacy in thinking people will get in next year... could not be further from the truth. Of my friends in this program who applied to med school this past cycle (50/150) 2 have gotten into med school: 3 waitlisted including me: everyone else rejected. I know a vast majority of my class is applying now but from previous years the cycle it doesn't look very promising. Evader, like i said in my previous replies I think this program is good for Dental because most pre-dents here get into dental school even if they get Bs in classes first year. I think Dental schools are more receptive in forgiving poor undergraduate gpa than Med schools and are more receptive to MS degrees. I would still look at other programs though but good luck to you.
This makes sense. Sorry for my inaccurate assumptions. I pray that you and everyone from the program that did well get in!

This makes sense. Sorry for my inaccurate assumptions. I pray that you and everyone from the program that did well get in!

No I'm sorry if I came across rude but I am very upset with the program and wanted to Warn people before coming here. The sentiment I have put in these posts it pretty much the sentiment of my friends/classmates in the 2018 class. I urge people to select a different program which has a good connection with the home institution whether it be pre-meds or dents. I wish you the best Evader in the program and hopefully getting into Dental School. Let me know if you have any questions.