Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

finp543

Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can people get into dental school in the states with a 3.4-3.5? Just a question, cuz I'm from Canada and you need around a 3.8 to be competitive for dental school.

When I interviewed at UIW, they said they will take the DAT and the applicant has no disadvantage. Only some schools do this though, so you should check where you want to apply-- but yea, some schools take the DAT just fine since it's basically the same test minus physics.
I had ~30 hours of shadowing and ~100 hours of work as an optometric assistant (part-time for 2 months), and I think that was well enough because no one mentioned anything about my hours... so 100 hours of shadowing seems a little crazy to me, you could prob do with half of that haha (but just my opinion). Make sure you shadow different types of practices (ex corporate vs private etc) because they seemed to like that.
I had less EC's than you did also. I'm not sure about DAT scores equivalent but for the OAT, if you get over a 300 with your GPA you shouldn't have a problem getting an interview for most schools.