deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YodaPineapple

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you're overthinking it. Plenty of Florida's college-age population go out of state and do their clinical and community service experiences out of Florida. The question is how you bring the value of your experiences to the medical schools where you are applying.

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally agree with you.

@Mr.Smile12 I totally agree with you. However, I would think that out of 2500 instate applicants, somewhere in that pool would be more than 10-15 mission-fit 514+ applicants they could accept. I tend to believe they are just not accepting them. I will ultimately probably still apply though, but it will probably be lower on my secondary priority list.
Maybe there are, but those that fit the description decide to go elsewhere... ? We are taking about matriculants in the end, not the number of offers (which I don't think is public knowledge).

Reactions: 1 user
The data I was referencing is from a spreadsheet containing us news data on the number of accepted students from 2021 which for FSU was 144. So even assuming a larger class size now, at most 15-20 students accepted with 514 or higher. Just doesn’t seem like great math to me. Nothing against their mission or process and not saying anything bad about their school, but it just seems like they really don’t give these applicants a chance to say no to them.
It is a cheap secondary for an IS school. You should not feel compelled to write to the full word limit for every prompt they have. 500 words to describe your family would be excessive, for example.

Reactions: 1 user
FSUCOM history (MSAR current)
"The Florida State University College of Medicine was created in July 2000 by a legislative act to train physicians with a focus on serving medically underserved populations in rural and inner-city areas and the growing geriatric population in the state."

I think the best you can do is apply and/or reach out to them with your experience. Let the committee go from there.

If you’re a FL resident, you should apply to all FL schools, especially the state schools!