-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
deleted
Started by hittheroad
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Unless Georgetown shells out money, I would go with RWJMS over NJMS. Closest to home, you like the location better, much cheaper than Gtown. As much as you’re family thinks you should go explore, having trusted people close to you during what is about to be a crazy journey will come in clutch.
hittheroad
Full Member
do you have any opinions on RWJMS vs NJMS? based on pros/consUnless Georgetown shells out money, I would go with RWJMS over NJMS. Closest to home, you like the location better, much cheaper than Gtown. As much as you’re family thinks you should go explore, having trusted people close to you during what is about to be a crazy journey will come in clutch.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know much about them, but to me their essentially the same school especially with the merger happening. So at that point it's wherever you want to live/makes the most sense logisticallydo you have any opinions on RWJMS vs NJMS? based on pros/cons
I know you really love Georgetown, but in all honesty, Rutgers’ match list is still quite strong and $140,000 cheaper! It’s true that Georgetown matches more competitive specialties, but they have very similar reputations in medicine, so I don’t think Georgetown would give you a real advantage except in Orthopedics, where they always excel.
Between NJMS and RWJMS, it’s a tougher pick, but I agree with @pedneuro6894 on picking RWJMS as being closer to home and being able to continue programs is a major boon!
Between NJMS and RWJMS, it’s a tougher pick, but I agree with @pedneuro6894 on picking RWJMS as being closer to home and being able to continue programs is a major boon!
hittheroad
Full Member
i’m so conflicted but these are all valid pointsI know you really love Georgetown, but in all honesty, Rutgers’ match list is still quite strong and $140,000 cheaper! It’s true that Georgetown matches more competitive specialties, but they have very similar reputations in medicine, so I don’t think Georgetown would give you a real advantage except in Orthopedics, where they always excel.
Between NJMS and RWJMS, it’s a tougher pick, but I agree with @pedneuro6894 on picking RWJMS as being closer to home and being able to continue programs is a major boon!
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
It’s between Rutgers and NJMS, and it seems like you have more pros for RWJMS.
hittheroad
Full Member
wb georgetownIt’s between Rutgers and NJMS, and it seems like you have more pros for RWJMS.
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
I don’t think it’s worth the much higher costwb georgetown
If ophtho is high on your list, I would consider NJMS over RWJ because the ophtho program is in Newark, and it’s a significant advantage to you to have a home program to rotate with, do research with, and get good letters from. They have home ortho and IM programs at both schools.
It's definitely between the two NJ programs for me (I dont think Georgetown is special enough to pay 2x for) but I don't think your pro/cons list is different enough for outsiders to weigh in since it's a lot about your personal preference with cities and wanting to experience something new - I think you will probably know best what is the best fit for you. Slight edge to NJMS for similar reasons as others have stated above.
notreally surewhat2003
Full Member
I see the document that says the match rate for rwj being 93% but where did you see that njms is also 93%?
hittheroad
Full Member
I see the document that says the match rate for rwj being 93% but where did you see that njms is also 93%?
Rutgers Medical Students Fulfill Their Dreams on Match Day
Meet Rutgers' medical school students who learned on Friday where they will be completing their residencies, and find out what inspired them to pursue careers in medicine.
hittheroad
Full Member
if you vote lmk why!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
seaweedbrain
Full Member
In Rutgers vs Gtown, definitely Rutgers based on your residency goals and cost
NJ vs RW, I think RW sounds like the better fit for you specifically based on its location and the pre-existing connections you have.
NJ vs RW, I think RW sounds like the better fit for you specifically based on its location and the pre-existing connections you have.