Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I am begging at this point. Thanks!

I wouldn't worry too much about the 8 in verbal. If you had a 7 I would start to worry. Your list looks good. If I were you I wouldn't apply to Mayo, BU, Dartmouth, or NYU and spend more time writing high quality secondaries for the schools on your list that are more in range.

Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Tulane
Boston University
Tufts
Mayo - remove
Creighton
Dartmouth
Albany Med
Albert Einstein - remove
Buffalo
Hofstra LIJ
SUNY Upstate
Wake Forest - keep
Commonwealth
Drexel
Jefferson
Penn State
Temple
Brown - remove
University of Vermont
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Virginia Tech
George Washington
Georgetown
Marshall
West Virginia
Med College of Wisconsin
University of Missouri-Kansas City - remove
NYMC
NYU - remove
SUNY Downstate
Stony Brook

My suggestions in bold above.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
I think she has a decent shot at NYU, I have known kids who gotten in with similar stats.

According to the latest MSAR, NYU's 10th percentile GPA is already a 3.65. Personally, I would only apply to schools where my GPA is in their 10th-90th percentile range.

Last edited:
Osprey, why do you suggest deleting University of Missouri - Kansas City? I have been telling myself that this will be one of the first to be deleted from my list, but I'm not sure why I came to that conclusion.

Most of UMKC's students are in the combined program BA/MD. They only have like 5-10 seats per year for normal MD admissions (you might want to double check their website on that). Since you're not a Missouri resident, I don't think I'd apply there.

Most of UMKC's students are in the combined program BA/MD. They only have like 5-10 seats per year for normal MD admissions (you might want to double check their website on that). Since you're not a Missouri resident, I don't think I'd apply there.

Okay, thanks Sector.

Last edited: