(deleted)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted403310

(deleted)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have 2 Bs. Trust me you're in good shape. Even if you get B's in your other four pre-reqs I'm sure you'd still get in somewhere (your GPA is nice and high). But it looks as though you're a really good student so I assume that won't happen. And if you have a goal and are serious about PT school that really won't happen. Just make sure to get your volunteer experience, befriend people who can get you good LORs and you'll be just fine. Since you have a year, spend some time looking at schools you might want to go to and what they focus on for applicants (GRE, GPA, Experience, In-State vs. Out of State, etc.) and build up your app accordingly!

lol is this a joke? You have all a's and b's and are getting good volunteer hours and you're asking if you have a chance?? Go down a few threads and check out the poster who has a 2.3 gpa and is concerned about their chances (rightfully so I might add).

Members don't see this ad :)
You have absolutely no chance with those grades. Anything below a 4.5 cumulative gpa and 30,000 volunteer hours is garbage.

You'd be better off at this point either using your family connections to get you job as a janitor at the local high school. With any luck, you can make enough doing that, and selling your body on the weekends, to cover your rent and get a few days worth of ramen

I recall when I was first interested in PT, the rumor was that programs will only consider you if you have at least a 3.8, but in reality that's not the case. I'm sure there are some programs that are very competitive that require a high gpa, but I would say you are on the right track on being competitive for most programs.

I love pre-PT students. If something like this was posted in pre-med allo you'd have like 87 meme responses of facepalms and people degrading your very existence. We're so nice.

You make me sick. You're either extremely naive or completely *****ic. And for those reasons you should stop trying

You make me sick. You're either extremely naive or completely *****ic. And for those reasons you should stop trying

You forgot "looking for praise" in that. BTW, I see you joined the forum and this was your first comment. You'll fit right in. #ruthless

You forgot "looking for praise" in that. BTW, I see you joined the forum and this was your first comment. You'll fit right in. #ruthless

I am on this site everyday and have never joined... Until I saw this jackass parading their near perfect stats and then portray him/herself as an underachiever. If it's a response you were looking for then you got it you loser. And thanks I'm glad I joined, and couldn't have asked for a better first comment!

I think all those A's came at a price. This dude has lost his mind from stress. I've heard of this kind of thing before. One classmate told me of a friend he had that was so stressed from schoolwork that on his way driving home from school he passed his house and drove miles before even realizing he passed his house. He just kept driving.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's unfair to be critical towards this post. I went to an undergraduate school with a very competitive PT program that has denied students with a 3.9. If this person were to research multiple schools that they should realize that yes, these stats are good and it's silly to ask if you are competitive. However, they are far from a "lock" to get into any school they want.

I think it's unfair to be critical towards this post. I went to an undergraduate school with a very competitive PT program that has denied students with a 3.9. If this person were to research multiple schools that they should realize that yes, these stats are good and it's silly to ask if you are competitive. However, they are far from a "lock" to get into any school they want.

No, great stats don't mean you are a lock by any means, but when you're asking if you should keep trying/do i have a shot with great stats? Lol just ridiculous and a waste of everyone's time. I would just tell the OP to do some research on school requirements. If he/she did that then this thread wouldn't exist.

get the hell out of here with this post. I get tired of the either really low GPA's who really don't stand a good chance getting in any where asking what their chances are, or the ones with really high GPA's looking for some sort of justification even though they know they are going to get in somewhere. Look at the program's that you want to apply to, find their minimum requirements, and compare your stat's to the program. Then you will have your answer...

e5a6edys.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Mr Pacman,

You probably should have posted this at the beginning ( not at the end ) of the application cycle. Patience seems to be wearing thin here on SDN.

:haha:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1362578683.767843.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1362578683.767843.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 76
Mr Pacman,

You probably should have posted this at the beginning ( not at the end ) of the application cycle. Patience seems to be wearing thin here on SDN.

Confucius say, "If you want to meet SECK-SEE nurse, you must first be patient".

To the OP:

You are doing well and seem to be on track. But it can depend on what school you are planning to apply to, or what state you live in. For example, it seems that state-funded schools have pretty high standards and that expensive private schools are a little easier to get into.

One thing I wished I had done was to have more volunteer experience outside of the PT realm (like maybe Habitat for Humanity, or my local animal shelter). When I applied to my schools (non-PTCAS), I seemed to fall short in that area (hadn't done any for over five years) and didn't really have much to talk about. I would suggest to do a little volunteering outside PT so be very well-rounded. It doesn't have to be a lot, just a little extra.

Good luck!

Mr Pacman,

:laugh: it's true. For some of us, all of our patience is placed in the wait list.

This is the second post for someone who feels underachieved beacuse the have 2 B's. How ridiculous. IF you need the internet to pat you on the back, you will have a tough life.

I'm not going to comment on the OPs true intentions. Only he/she knows. I will say that the OP will probably have no issues getting interviews based on their academics. Now, when it comes to personality (essay, letter or intent, the actual interview), only they can help themselves with that.

But overall, they should be in a DPT program in 2014 as long as their other prereqs pan out.

Mr Pacman,

Very true..... there seems to be a sudden and definite lack of civility this SDN board and I guess the end of cycle pressure is likely to blame.

Very true..... there seems to be a sudden and definite lack of civility this SDN board and I guess the end of cycle pressure is likely to blame.

Quite tame compared to pre-allo, regardless of time frame.

Oh man... The desperation in the title mixed with your excellent stats gave me a great laugh this morning!! I totally know how you feel - coming from a very competitive undergrad but with stats like those I'm sure you'll get in wherever you'd like. My stats are worse than yours and I got into pretty much every school I applied. Take a deep breath...

lol is this a joke? You have all a's and b's and are getting good volunteer hours and you're asking if you have a chance?? Go down a few threads and check out the poster who has a 2.3 gpa and is concerned about their chances (rightfully so I might add).

+1 I completely agree :) very well said!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI[/YOUTUBE]

lol...wooof... things got a little intense here on SDN...

In all seriousness, I got into 2/7 schools with my 3.2 GPA (which in some of my local schools is the borderline to even apply)...I had to spend an extra semester to retake classes to even apply. I am not saying this for praise or anything but merely to put out that YOU have nothing to worry about with your stats...Like it has been said, there are posts with people with GPAs 2.0-3.0 who have serious concerns about what needs to be done. If you do your homework, you will see that the average accepted GPA roughly is around a 3.5ish give or take depending on your region...

Soooo...with that being said if you are really misinformed and worried (which I would actually be surprised being that your a Junior with high grades and hours...), I am sorry about the criticism you are getting and you should know that you have nothing to worry about with grades like that. Also, if you want more advice, I'd look into adding some research to further your already dominating stats....

Howeverrrr..........if you really are looking for a pat on the back, etc etc etc....that really isn't a good idea. While SDN is usually a friendly community, people aren't going to take your worries lightly if there are people who have REAL worries if you know what I mean...Also, like it has been said, this application cycle is coming to an end...people are sensitive right now as they are finding out results. Plus, it makes for a horrible PT...To put it into perspective, it would be like you spraining your ankle saying 'I don't think I will ever walk again' to a Soccer loving athlete who just tore their ACL...

Overallll.....I am sorry that you are getting bashed a bit right now but with your stats, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Obviously, just keep doing what your doing.. And if you really are worried, you need to seriously start getting yourself more informed and you might wanna do your research on the topics of the forums here because coming in with a 3.7 GPA and 100+ hours of experience and stating that your afraid you wont get in anywhere can be pretty offending to many...