Technology Dell adapter issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JeetKuneDo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an xps m1210. Lately it would tell me that it does not recognize the adapter and wants me to find a 65 watt adapter. Only problem is, this is a 65 watt adapter and is the orignal one that came with the laptop. So long as it doesnt recognize the adapter, it will be plugged in and receive power but the battery won't charge. I've researched this a little online and it seems this is fairly common. Anyone else have problems like this for their dell?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an xps m1210. Lately it would tell me that it does not recognize the adapter and wants me to find a 65 watt adapter. Only problem is, this is a 65 watt adapter and is the orignal one that came with the laptop. So long as it doesnt recognize the adapter, it will be plugged in and receive power but the battery won't charge. I've researched this a little online and it seems this is fairly common. Anyone else have problems like this for their dell?

Don't get me started. :mad:

Really, 2 adaptor cords in 1.5 years. There are websites and blogs devoted to this problem. It was the final straw that pushed me over the edge with my Dell.