Dell IM fellowship match list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicken adobo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there! I’m a 3rd year medical student applying for residency this year. Does anyone know where I can find the fellowship match list at Dell? Or any info/stats about fellowship match? I’m super interested in this program, but was discouraged by the subspecialization rate on Doximity (it was like 13% and I’m pretty sure I want to subspecialize). Not sure if that’s just old data; I know the program has been much revamped in recent years.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey there! Does anyone know where I can find the fellowship match list at Dell? Or any info/stats about fellowship match? I’m super interested in this program, but was discouraged by the subspecialization rate on Doximity (it was like 13% and I’m pretty sure I want to subspecialize). Not sure if that’s just old data; I know the program has been much revamped in recent years.
Since the first Dell class graduated in 2020, their inaugural class residents would now be in their 3rd year of residency.
I don't think there will be any fellowship data until next year.

Since the first Dell class graduated in 2020, their inaugural class residents would now be in their 3rd year of residency.
I don't think there will be any fellowship data until next year.
I see—thank you! Are you referring to the medical school or the IM residency program? I know the IM residency program itself existed for a while now (predating the medical school), but Dell made major changes when the medical school was created. I’m not sure when those changes began and/or which year is the inaugural class for the “new” Dell IM residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see—thank you! Are you referring to the medical school or the IM residency program? I know the IM residency program itself existed for a while now (predating the medical school), but Dell made major changes when the medical school was created. I’m not sure when those changes began and/or which year is the inaugural class for the “new” Dell IM residency.
That’s true, there were probably some residents there prior to 2022. Sorry I don’t know about fellowships at Dell, let’s see if someone else responds.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I believe the GME programs in Austin were technically under UTSW and Seton's partnership prior to the inception of Dell. If I had to guess, any matches from the program prior to 2015 would likely be found in the UTSW IM residency alumni listing, but I don't know if they delineate by who was in Austin vs Dallas.

edit: a quick browsing of UTSW IM's page doesn't seem to show that info.

One of my classmates that did residency at Dell matched into cardio in 2021. Her step scores were (220s and 230s).

Reactions: 1 users
Although I don't know the start date of the IM residency in Austin, it dates back to at least 1982 and was operated out of Brackenridge Hospital by the Central Texas Medical Foundation. UTMB (not UTSW) also partnered with Brackenridge and had a large resident presence before Dell was built. Definitely not new like the medical school as there are some old attendings at Dell Seton that were originally trained in Austin! (@wysdoc )

Doximity seems off with that #, ~50% of Dell IM grads go into fellowship.

Here's the 2022 match:
2 Cardiology – Northwestern, Univ of Utah
2 Heme/onc – Northwestern, Emory
2 GI – Dell Med, UT Health San Antonio
1 Pulm/Crit Care – Loyola
2 Palliative Care – Dell Med x2
2 ID – Baylor, UTMB
1 Endo – UT Health San Antonio

This is a compilation of their matches for 2019, 2020, and 2021 years:
6 Cardiology: Dell Med, UTMB, LSU-NO, Broward, Wake Forest, UTHSA
6 Pulm/Crit Care: Dell Med, UTHSAx2, Kaiser, UT Houston, Methodist
3 Heme/Onc: Dell Med, Baylor, UNC
3 GI: UTMB, Methodist, Loma Linda
2 Endocrine: Icahn/Beth Israel, Baylor
2 Palliative Care: UTHSA
1 Geriatrics: UC Irvine
1 Nephrology: Stanford
1 Allergy/immunology: Rush
1 ID: UVA;
1 Addiction Med: Yale;
1 Hepatology: George Mason

Hope that helps clear everything up.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Although I don't know the start date of the IM residency in Austin, it dates back to at least 1982 and was operated out of Brackenridge Hospital by the Central Texas Medical Foundation. UTMB (not UTSW) also partnered with Brackenridge and had a large resident presence before Dell was built. Definitely not new like the medical school as there are some old attendings at Dell Seton that were originally trained in Austin! (@wysdoc )

Doximity seems off with that #, ~50% of Dell IM grads go into fellowship.

Here's the 2022 match:
2 Cardiology – Northwestern, Univ of Utah
2 Heme/onc – Northwestern, Emory
2 GI – Dell Med, UT Health San Antonio
1 Pulm/Crit Care – Loyola
2 Palliative Care – Dell Med x2
2 ID – Baylor, UTMB
1 Endo – UT Health San Antonio

This is a compilation of their matches for 2019, 2020, and 2021 years:
6 Cardiology: Dell Med, UTMB, LSU-NO, Broward, Wake Forest, UTHSA
6 Pulm/Crit Care: Dell Med, UTHSAx2, Kaiser, UT Houston, Methodist
3 Heme/Onc: Dell Med, Baylor, UNC