Denied Residency Loan- PLEASE HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soleil9

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What the Frick????!!!!

OK. I'm in hot water. Somebody shed some light!!

My husband was denied Residency Relocation loan from Accessgroup "due to credit". OK. We just bought a house. My credit score was 730. WHAT THE FRICK HAPPENED??? It's Friday and I am going to freak out all weekend. Someone help!!!
Granted, we have charged some things recently, due to the freaking move, for which I now need the freaking relocation loan.

Any clues how I could tank my credit so quickly??????????????

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know what their cut offs are for credit scores are for residency relocation loans? Some have more credit restrictions then others ...

Find out who they use for credit reporting, if it is equifax, beware that they DO NOT COUNT student loans separately on your credit so it dings your account more than the other two scores.

My advice, call first thing Monday morning and talk to them about why you were denied. We ran into this issue and called and got an exception to use the other credit scores. They want your business. If you have the rest of your loans with them, threaten to leave. If they don't do anything, seriously leave them and consolidate with another lender. Nelnet bent over BACKWARDS three times to get us to stay with them.

I'd shop around to find some other private loans. I can tell you that Nelnet has some loans with a 640 minimum. I know others that have 660 and 680. Check out myfico.com and pay for your credit report and score. It sucks but after you talk with them you can decide if you want to do this. But definitely go to annualcreditreport.com and make sure there aren't any account that aren't yours. If you've been applying for alot of mortgages and stuff, you never know who got a hold of your credit. Its so sad these days and I hope this is NOT the issue with you!

I hope things work out. I know how frustrating it is. Best of luck :luck:

THANK YOU!!!

This is totally what I needed to hear. Thank you so much!!!:oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
No credit check....simple, will loan up to $15,000

Here's an update:

Access Group is totally ******ed. And nearly ruined my weekend. Here's the scoop:

They didn't really deny me. They needed confirmation of my new address (via utility bill). But apparently they like to express that as "denied due to credit, no further action required" on the account page. Good Lord. Totally ridiculous. So I was approved after all. But the interest rate is really high so we might be going with Keybank after all.

Thanks for your kind words! And if this happens to you, don't panic! :)