Dental admissions stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soso

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Came across this site. Maybe some of you will be interested. About 20 or so schools listed, though. Better than nothing, I guess. http://admissionstatistics.dissectors.com/dentistry/

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
When are the new stats gonna come out for the 2005 i can't wait to see it and cry about it.

ISU_Steve said:
Thank you Syn Apse. That is a much better source of information. :)

you're very welcome ;) .

It looks like the stats in dissectors.com are taken from official school sites. I compare the two sites. There are some differences, but they're minor.

YO BUS you gonna update the Dental stats one more time for us for the 2005???

Were all counting on it man. Thanks for the stats for the previous years man I give props and thanks to you bro.

soso said:
Came across this site. Maybe some of you will be interested. About 20 or so schools listed, though. Better than nothing, I guess. http://admissionstatistics.dissectors.com/dentistry/

All I can say is that the stats for the University of Toronto are SOOOO WRONG. It amazes me how wrong they are. 3.49? 3.5? Are you kidding me! Do a little bit of research and you'll see that this years acceptance average was a 3.86. Othe past years have been comparable! If it was a 3.5, I sure as hell wouldn't be applying to american schools to go into debt of about 300K!

Audio said:
All I can say is that the stats for the University of Toronto are SOOOO WRONG. It amazes me how wrong they are. 3.49? 3.5? Are you kidding me! Do a little bit of research and you'll see that this years acceptance average was a 3.86. Othe past years have been comparable! If it was a 3.5, I sure as hell wouldn't be applying to american schools to go into debt of about 300K!

Are you in UT? I'm amazed your comment is so wrong too. :p I think you read that stats too quickly. 3.49 and 3.5 refers to all applicants, not those accepted. If you read the stats for the accepted, it's 3.7-3.8! Of course if you think you deserve 3.5, no one can stop you. :laugh:

soso said:
Are you in UT? I'm amazed your comment is so wrong too. :p I think you read that stats too quickly. 3.49 and 3.5 refers to all applicants, not those accepted. If you read the stats for the accepted, it's 3.7-3.8! Of course if you think you deserve 3.5, no one can stop you. :laugh:

My mistake :) Great job on the stats page :love:

Sprgrover said:
Where have you been, bus, and what in the world happened to your avatar?

It's nice to see some familiar faces :p.

Where have I been? I've been busy getting married, finding a place to live, etc. Now that I'm responsible for my wife, and she won't be getting financial aid just yet, I have to up my hours and work so that she can finish up her schooling. It has been harder, and a harsh wake-up call to the real world. Thus, it seems my application keeps getting pushed back, as I will not apply until Spring 2008.

But you know what? That doesn't faze me: being married has increased my motivation ten-fold, now that I have a family to take care of. As for my avatar... have you ever seen Lethal Weapon 4? My avatar looks like Uncle Benny with an iced-out grille :laugh:.

Take care,

bus.

Tooth Fixer said:
YO BUS you gonna update the Dental stats one more time for us for the 2005???

Were all counting on it man. Thanks for the stats for the previous years man I give props and thanks to you bro.

The site's frame work is up, so updating will be easy... I will just have to find time, and the resources to buy the ADEA book (I'm poor :p ).