Dental Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonsnuh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Iam a prospective dental student from Canada. I am creating this thread to hopefully gain some insight to whether or not my current curriculum vitae and credentials make me a competitive candidate for admissions into a dental program in the United States. I also seek to gain any information that would further help me become a successful dental candidate.

B.S.c GPA-2.75
Major-Biology

M.S.c GPA-3.75
Major-Microbiology - My research is utilizing molecular techniques to study silver sensitivity and resistance in Escherichia coli.
(I have had the opportunity to gain lots of professional experience (TAing) , course work, and even co-authorships while I have been conducting my masters research, .)

DAT scores (written twice)-Reading comp (21 & 18)
Biology ( 18 & 20)
Chemistry (18 & 18)
PAT (17 & 17)
Academic average( 19 & 19)

Becoming a dentist has been a dream of mine ever since i was little. My father is a successful dentist here in Calgary, Alberta and my goal in life is to hopefully one day share the joy and excitement of helping people through dentistry with him.

Thank you everyone for your time and consideration in helping me achieve my goal.

Members don't see this ad.

With your stats, I think you can get a few interviews if you apply broadly. However the main thing I see in your stats is a low PAT which will make you less comoetitive compared to other applicants. I think to improve your chances you should retake for a higher PAT.