dental anatomy

Started by wise146
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wise146

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which of the following anatomic factors will restrict the amount of lateral shift that can occur on a working condyle?

A. Medial wall of the articular fossa on the working side
B. Superior wall of the articular fossa on the non-working side
C. Capsular ligaments
D. Stylohyoid ligament
E. Stylomandibular ligament
 
Capsular ligaments makes the most sense to me - I'm not positive on that, though. A is the only other possibility, but I think the capsular ligaments is better.
 
I thought capsular ligaments only limit excessive movements.
A doesn't make sense because the working condyle isn't moving medially.
 
wise146 said:
I thought capsular ligaments only limit excessive movements.
A doesn't make sense because the working condyle isn't moving medially.
Ahh you're right, and I think that answers it actually - they'll restrict the amount of lateral shift, which is limiting an excessive movement (excessive lateral shift).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wise146 said:
Which of the following anatomic factors will restrict the amount of lateral shift that can occur on a working condyle?

A. Medial wall of the articular fossa on the working side
B. Superior wall of the articular fossa on the non-working side
C. Capsular ligaments
D. Stylohyoid ligament
E. Stylomandibular ligament

Id have to say capsular also, simply because of its anatomical location