Dental Application Transcript Entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmichwill

Reaction score
Hi everyone. First post here. I'm sort of a newbie to the Dental cycle. I'm a non-traditional applicant who took quite a few years off after undergrad. I'm applying a bit late this cycle, but I think my application is somewhat okay. I managed a 24 DAT and a 4.0 masters with decent letters of rec. Because it's already November. I've heard that quite a few people have trouble with the transcript section of the application and I didn't want my application to be sent back for any errors. On my official transcripts it will list a course abbreviated. For example, my Biochemistry 1 course is called Intr Biochm/Molec Bio. An obvious abbreviation to fit the transcript. I'm assuming the full name of the Biochemistry course is Introduction to Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Does it matter what I put down for the course title? I initially had the entire name written out, but then I chose to put in the abbreviated name because that's what is on the official transcripts. The course codes are all perfect, but I guess I'm just stressing about the specifics for the actual name of the course. Time is of the essence when you are bit late to the cycle. Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. First post here. I'm sort of a newbie to the Dental cycle. I'm a non-traditional applicant who took quite a few years off after undergrad. I'm applying a bit late this cycle, but I think my application is somewhat okay. I managed a 24 DAT and a 4.0 masters with decent letters of rec. Because it's already November. I've heard that quite a few people have trouble with the transcript section of the application and I didn't want my application to be sent back for any errors. On my official transcripts it will list a course abbreviated. For example, my Biochemistry 1 course is called Intr Biochm/Molec Bio. An obvious abbreviation to fit the transcript. I'm assuming the full name of the Biochemistry course is Introduction to Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Does it matter what I put down for the course title? I initially had the entire name written out, but then I chose to put in the abbreviated name because that's what is on the official transcripts. The course codes are all perfect, but I guess I'm just stressing about the specifics for the actual name of the course. Time is of the essence when you are bit late to the cycle. Thanks again.
Match it exactly - use the abbreviations that your school used.

Also, if you're dead set on applying, make sure your school list is reasonable and that your PS is excellent. It is quite late in the cycle and applying now is not doing you any favors. If I was in your shoes, I'd just apply early next cycle right when it opens, since that will give you the best possible shot. Also, applying this year with the intention of being a reapplicant next year will not help - reapplicants are held to a stricter standard and you will need to show improvement/changes from this cycle's application to next year's application. Just a couple of things to think about.

Reactions: 3 users