Dental assistant on application!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
X

xxxTheDonxxx

During this summer I got a job working as a dental assistant in a low income neighborhood, I really enjoy my job. I was offered to pay for my work but I just work for free. I wanted to put this dental experience on my application, but I already submitted my application on May 16th. What should I do? Should I send out letters to all of them?

Members don't see this ad.

xxxTheDonxxx said:
During this summer I got a job working as a dental assistant in a low income neighborhood, I really enjoy my job. I was offered to pay for my work but I just work for free. I wanted to put this dental experience on my application, but I already submitted my application on May 16th. What should I do? Should I send out letters to all of them?

This might be weird but I would send a little letter. Simply... Dear Admissions committee: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I would like this added to my admissions file and used in the evaluation of me as an applicant. Thank You.

I would stay under the limit that aadsas gave us when describing it...wasn't it like 275 characters or something?

xxxTheDonxxx said:

No. Unless your app is really weak without it, I wouldn't send them anything or worry about it. You can bring it up in your interview. Especially when they ask you at the end of your interview if you "have any more questions, etc." That is your opportunity to tell the ADCOM anything you want them to know about you that they haven't already gotten...like..."Volunteering at the poor-man's dental clinic all summer has helped me....blah, blah, blah."

ElDienteLoco said:
"Volunteering at the poor-man's dental clinic all summer has helped me....blah, blah, blah."

hehe...hopefully, i'll be able to say it a little bit better than that. I think I'll send to the schools that I really want to get in and just tell them at the interviews for the school that I semi-want-to-get-into. Thanks! :thumbup: