Dental Burs

Started by mapleh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mapleh

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could someone tell me what are the rake face, clearance face, rake angle, edge angle, and clearance angle of Dental Burs? Or where I can find the detail of that? I'd like to know the exact definition of them. Can I have some figures or pictures of them? Thanks a lot!!!
😕
 
Could someone tell me what are the rake face, clearance face, rake angle, edge angle, and clearance angle of Dental Burs? Or where I can find the detail of that? I'd like to know the exact definition of them. Can I have some figures or pictures of them? Thanks a lot!!!
😕

hey rake face is the cutting face, actully it can be explained on the diagram..you can find the info in sturdevant , charbeneau,
 
Here is a diagram from "Fundamentals of Operative Dentistry" by James Summitt
 

Attachments

  • rake face.jpg
    rake face.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,405
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you very much to all of you, especially to Soflex. Hi, Soflex, thank you very much for your diagram, that is really helpful. Best wishes to you.
 
amazing...i don't think i've ever seen that diagram before. I googled the terms when I was studying dental decks and had no idea what they were talking about. thanks
 
interesting... never heard of this either... stuff like this which is unimportant will show up on nbde II and you wont ever come across it again.. just like the W on a wingless clamp.... lol.. returded..