Dental Decks + other resources

Started by iAiAiA
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iAiAiA

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I wanted to ask if it’s important to have the most recent dental decks to prepare for the NBDE.

I have some from 10 years ago.

Also, along with the dental decks, is using the mastery app + first aid book sufficient?

Also - how long is a recommended study time? I usually study about a week before each dental school exam to do well.

thanks!
 
I think the decks that are floating around are 2013-2014, so no need to have the most recent ones.

Also, along with the dental decks, is using the mastery app + first aid book sufficient?
I'd say yes, but decks are a load to get through, as is the first aid book. I'd probably just pick one of them and do the mastery app.
Also - how long is a recommended study time? I usually study about a week before each dental school exam to do well.
Probably about 2-3 weeks is what most people study for, during school breaks. If you're studying during school, probably a little longer depending on just how much time you can put toward studying.

I took it at the end of last month during winter quarter, so I studied during winter break and on weekends, and then pretty much only did this the 5 days before my test. Did mastery app mostly, and a little bit of the decks. Lots of it was review so I was going back through my notes a ton too.

There are other resources like B&B Dental and Pass the Dental Boards, that have really good videos. You can also buy/find the ADSA Released Test questions and use those too.
 
I think the decks that are floating around are 2013-2014, so no need to have the most recent ones.


I'd say yes, but decks are a load to get through, as is the first aid book. I'd probably just pick one of them and do the mastery app.

Probably about 2-3 weeks is what most people study for, during school breaks. If you're studying during school, probably a little longer depending on just how much time you can put toward studying.

I took it at the end of last month during winter quarter, so I studied during winter break and on weekends, and then pretty much only did this the 5 days before my test. Did mastery app mostly, and a little bit of the decks. Lots of it was review so I was going back through my notes a ton too.

There are other resources like B&B Dental and Pass the Dental Boards, that have really good videos. You can also buy/find the ADSA Released Test questions and use those too.


thank you!