Dental Decks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toysareus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
where can I purchase the dental decks? Is there a site online?
What is a good price for them?
My school was selling them, but I did not get them at the time because I was very short on money.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Just buy an old set for cheap from an upperclassman.

I inherited a set of 1998 decks from my sister and I did fine on both my Part I and II (taken in 2002 and 2003 respectively).

The website is:

http://www.dentaldecks.com

But, as tom said, it probably is best to get it from an upperclassmen. or if you can get a group sale, that would be ok also

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey..lemme ask you tom, since the format of the boards is changing, is it wise to buy dental decks for lets say a year down the road?

Hi combinator,

I don't think it matters much. The only purpose the decks serve is to give you a brief review of the topics that might be on the exams. It doesn't follow the way the exam asks questions.

To get used to the way the exam asks questions and to see what kind of questions appear frequently, you have to look at old exams... But unfortunately for you guys, the format for the boards is changing. :p

Glad I missed that boat! :D

Just to let you know there's a CD on ebay, that one of the Dental schools gives out that has all of the Dental Decks, all of the questions from old released exams, and K**lan stuff. It'll save you a lot of money in copy's and is a lot less than the eighty of so dollars you'll spend on just the Decks. Just to let you know. And no I'm not the one selling the CD.

... but don't go for the CD. Go for the real Decks. Either buy them used or buy them new. Either way you can make some of your money back through resell, but you'll make your money back just by studying those things.

Honestly, by studying and learning those Decks, you'll do very well on the Boards.