dental hygienist question

Started by sand d
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sand d

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

can we with passed NBDA PART 1 exam as a overseas dentist get dental hygiene license and work as a dental hygienist ?
 
you can only do that in the state of Fluorida. However you need to appear for the dental hygiene clinical exam. Rest of the state as far as I know you have to go to 2 yr of school.
 
Not anymore ....in Fl now you have to take the Dental Hygiene Board and the practice test to get the license in Florida, but if you passed the NBDE you will pass this one, in another state you got to school for 2 years..... I'm a Dentist in Colombia and 10 years ago I got my RDH license in Fl and work there, recently move to Texas and my license means nothing in here... Painfully I have to go school for 2 years to be RDH again , 10 years of experience means nothing in Tx...