Dental license in Connecticut for FTDs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PeriIm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and would like to have some information regarding the dental license in Connecticut for FTDs. On the dental board's website you'll find the following education requirements

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Geneva]"Successfully completed not less than two years of graduate dental training as a resident dentist in a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation .[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Geneva](CDA).[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Geneva]; and.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Geneva] .
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Geneva]Successfully completed at a level greater than the second post-graduate year, at least two additional years of residency or fellowship training accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation .[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Geneva](CDA) .[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Geneva]in a community or school-based health center affiliated with and under the supervision of a school of dentistry in Connecticut OR has served as a full-time faculty member for at least three years in a school of dentistry in Connecticut while holding a provisional license issued by this office".

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Geneva]kindly elaborate on the "two additional year of residency or fellowship". Does that mean if I do a certificate program in Perisodontics at UConn I'll have to enroll in another masters program at UConn to be able to meet this "two additional year.." requirement. Please advice what is the practical way of getting license in Connecticut.

Members don't see this ad.