dental lingo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denty

dont eat yellow snow
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does Dental Deck and loupes mean?

Members don't see this ad.

A Dental Deck is where you stand after you leave the Dental Dugout while you're waiting to bat.

And Loupes is what you eat for breakfast with Fruit!

Members don't see this ad :)
Fullosseousflap said:
And Loupes is what you eat for breakfast with Fruit!

Everybody is a comedian these days, but realy, that was funny. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Haha, you guys are awesome... :laugh: Here, I'll try to take a stab at this...these aren't gonna be the most accurate definitions, just so you know...

Dental Decks are apparently a study guide for the Part I board exam. ( I think they might be sort of like flash cards, from what I've heard? :idea: )

Loupes, I think, are these things that you wear on your goggles while working on patients in the clinic...they're used for magnification, I'm pretty sure.

If I'm wrong about any of this, feel free to correct me... :)

I want to point out that the Dental Decks (at least when I was in school a few years ago) are just a bunch of flash cards put together by two dentists. The old released exams that you can get from the ADA (I think) or NBDE are simply put into flash card format. The guys that write the dental decks do not have any more insight than you or me as far as what will be on the exam. They are just playing on the fact that while questions are different every year, the topics remain the same. I studied both the dental decks and the old tests and figured this out.

toofache32 said:
A Dental Deck is where you stand after you leave the Dental Dugout while you're waiting to bat.

ha ha ha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: