dental nuggets

Started by chorea6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chorea6

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi...what are these dental nuggets?how important are they for nbde part 1?do we need to do these too for exam?help will be really appreciated.thanks in advance
 
Even i have heard about UCLA nbde part 1 and part 2 dental nuggets. I would be glad if anyone provides an insight about this. thanks in advance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I ve seen the part I nuggets for sale on Ebay and Craiglist but after they were sold🙁 and from the description it was saying that it`s a combination of the decks and the release questions all in one but I still havent been able to find at least a part of them to check them out
 
I wouldn't fret or start blowing any money on a bunch of random study materials if I were you. For the NBDE (pt 1), I went through the entire Dental Decks once, with a 2nd review on specific cards that I had set aside. The only other thing I did was write notes as I saw fit (ie 50 different lists of stuff I'll never need to know again) and refer to the Thieme Color Atlas of Biochemistry here and there. I scored and 88 and felt perfectly prepared. Good luck.
 
I wouldn't fret or start blowing any money on a bunch of random study materials if I were you. For the NBDE (pt 1), I went through the entire Dental Decks once, with a 2nd review on specific cards that I had set aside. The only other thing I did was write notes as I saw fit (ie 50 different lists of stuff I'll never need to know again) and refer to the Thieme Color Atlas of Biochemistry here and there. I scored and 88 and felt perfectly prepared. Good luck.

Hey arex83,
thank you for your suggestion.
Even i think the same. I just want to get exposed to as many questions for practice.
I'm planning to buy some phone app at an affordable price. I think it could be a better idea,
what would you say?
 
the nuggets are definitely a good option, the only issue i with my dental decks was portability. The two materials that I found especially helpful was my Ipad app and reviewing released exams. Practice exams get you prepared for the question styles and also allows you go gauge which topics are your weakest. The Ipad app allowed me to travel everywhere with my study materials on my ipad and iphone that i had with me anyways. some mobile apps also help by providing the statistics breakdowns, time used per question, and some also have pre-tests inside of them. Hope this helps