Dental Post Bacc...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paradigm2200

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just planning for a worst case scenario...I have applied to many schools this season and have only been invited for an interview to one (Columbia)...then subsquently rejected (bastards hehe), I just want to know what people suggest doing in the mean time during the application process for the 2011 season. I have heard several people suggest doing post bacc to boost up GPA and get more better exposure with adcoms. I am really not considering retaking the DAT since my scores were somewhat decent (AA: 21, TS: 21, PAT: 20, Bio: 23, GC: 21, OC: 19, RC: 24, and QR: 16 :eek: )... I know for a fact that i applied really late in the game (early september). I am planning on re-applying first thing this May if all else fails this time.

can anyone give me any other ideas...or possible some good post bacc programs to look into...

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

paradigm2200 said:
I am just planning for a worst case scenario...I have applied to many schools this season and have only been invited for an interview to one (Columbia)...then subsquently rejected (bastards hehe), I just want to know what people suggest doing in the mean time during the application process for the 2011 season. I have heard several people suggest doing post bacc to boost up GPA and get more better exposure with adcoms. I am really not considering retaking the DAT since my scores were somewhat decent (AA: 21, TS: 21, PAT: 20, Bio: 23, GC: 21, OC: 19, RC: 24, and QR: 16 :eek: )...

can anyone give me any other ideas...or possible some good post bacc programs to look into...

thanks.

You've got some great DAT scores but I have to burst your bubble for a sec. If you plan on applying by 2011, I assure you will have to retake the DAT as your awesome scores will be null and void by then. DAT scores are good for about 3 years (someone correct me on this because I think it may be 4 years).

oh crap....sorry...i wasnt really clear....i want to apply for the class of 2011 (so apply for a seat next year)...

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh...damn...well in that case your scores are good. Just make sure to apply wicked early.

how bad is your gpa?

paradigm2200 said:
Under 3.0

then yes i would recommend a postbac/masters to pull up your gpa

could you recommend some good post bac programs/masters that I possibly enroll in the coming months?

thanks.

maybe some east coast people could help you with that.

thanks. i look into that a little more over the weekend.