Dental practice scratch start-up question

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by Bigticket21, May 14, 2007.

1. Bigticket21

Bigticket21 Junior Member

I am currently a 4th year and was looking at opening a practice from scratch. Basically, I am looking for some form of a template for the bank to have prior to asking for a loan. Does anyone have a template business plan for a dental practice? The one's I found online aren't exactly free. Just wondering.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Firm

Firm Member
    Dentist 10+ Year Member

Go to dentaltown. MBNA is one of the more popular banks to go through. They will guide you through the whole system to get a loan. I would still look for a job while you build this practice. It may take you a 6 months to e year to get open.

4. setdoc7

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I would work at a practice for a while and see what it takes to run the business side of dentistry. There is a lot of paperwork and business owner type things that you are not prepared for right out of school. Work on building your dream practice while earning some money and learning something.

5. Balki

Balki The Perfect Stranger
    7+ Year Member

Consider Buy-in, or work for someone who has intentions of leaving soon. In both instances however make sure you have a well drafter contract.
    I can share some materials with you regarding the advantages of purchasing an existing practice rather than starting up your own. Just PM me
    But look for resources at ADA
    and Academy of General Dentistry (as a student you should be a free member) they both have great resources.

Good luck

6. TucsonDDS

TucsonDDS Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Here is a business plan from someone who was kind enough to post it on Dentaltown.

Attached Files: