dental research. HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Verbena

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I was wondering what kind of research you guys did to add to the research section of the dental application.

I am planning to do independent research this semester but just don't have any ideas. My school is not a research based school so it's really hard to find a professor to assign me a research topic.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm doing research in maxillofacial bone biology. Don't worry about figuring out a research project. You just have to find a professor who will take into his/her lab. You're specific project will come in time. It may be hard to find such a professor if you don't go to a research school, but you have to at least try. You can also consider doing research over the summer at other campuses.

Having come from a larger school, as an undergrad I conducted research in a biochemistry lab. Another option you could try is to apply for summer internships at medical research facilities. One such program that I applied to one summer was at Maine Medical in Portland, ME. This is the link for it: http://www.mmcri.org/education/ssrpdescription.html I'm sure there are many similar opportunities to this one. Good luck.

i don't think there is a research section on the application. I think there's only a "professional experience" section