Dental Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coral2005

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get started to look for any scholarships for dental school?

Have any of you gotten any scholarships? If so, what was the amount and how did you go about applying.

I know it's not easy...but if anyone has any recommendations on where to start or who to contact, I'd really appreciate it!! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

good luck - as far as i know, the only scholarships for dental school that you can apply for right now are grants or scholarships from the dental school itself (you don't apply for these, they are awarded based on stats) and military scholarships. Once you're in dental school I know there are various scholarships given out by different groups, for example national society of women dentists, of jewish dentists, polish dentists, etc. your financial aid officer should hand out a list of these to everyone, and if not you can go ask. maybe someone else can be of more help... scholarships for grad schools are generally rare though.

The National Health Service Corps has a scholarship. After school you are required to work for 4 years in an underserved area. Do a google search for their website. I can't remember it off the top of my head but it has all the info on there. Loan repayment is also an option.