Dental School DAT Cutoffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissionDental

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

What is the general thought on DAT cutoffs for various dental schools? Is there a common understanding behind this? I have visited some websites, but most of them don't mention any info about DAT cutoffs. Are they more concerned with your PAT, Academic Average, and Total Science Scores? Or do they really emphasize each section? I ask because my scores are a bit weird, due to my sub-par QR score:

QR 16
RC 21
Bio 19
GC 25
OC 27
AA 22
TS 22
PAT 23

Cash funds are tight and I don't want to waste money on applying to a school that wont consider my APP because of minimum DAT cutoffs. Any info on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Never heard of DAT cut off date, check individual school application deadlines

solid scores! (why does everyone struggle on QR?)

Hi All,

What is the general thought on DAT cutoffs for various dental schools? Is there a common understanding behind this? I have visited some websites, but most of them don't mention any info about DAT cutoffs. Are they more concerned with your PAT, Academic Average, and Total Science Scores? Or do they really emphasize each section? I ask because my scores are a bit weird, due to my sub-par QR score:

QR 16,RC 21,Bio 19,GC 25,OC 27,AA 22, TS 22. TS 23.
PAT 23

You are kidding right? About 97% of your peers would consider giving their right foot for scores like yours. It appears that you have wasted your time on websites when all you need is a $35 investment on the 2008 ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools. If you eliminated a single school from your list it would more than make up for your low investment.

https://access.adea.org/adeassa/ecs...st_id=&p_order_serno=&p_promo_cd=&p_price_cd=

Members don't see this ad :)
OH you meant cut off of your DAT scores!
shakehead.gif

Hi All,

QR 16
RC 21
Bio 19
GC 25
OC 27
AA 22
TS 22
PAT 23

Cash funds are tight and I don't want to waste money on applying to a school that wont consider my APP because of minimum DAT cutoffs. Any info on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

QR is usually thr section of least importance, so I think you will be more than OK.

Great score by the way, congrats!

Yes some schools have cutoffs BUT I think they make exceptions in some cases.
For example UCSF says anything lower than a 17 on either PAT,TS, or AA and your out. But they never pick a single score like QR, Bio etc.-
But you don't need exceptions because your only bad score is QR and never heard of a school with a cutoff on QR.