Dental School Designations question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Quick question on this:

So next to my schools, it says "Not mailed" under mailing status. I submitted my app June 30. Does this just mean that schools havent looked at my app yet/ are waiting for material??

Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same thing on my application. I called ADEA earlier in the week, and the representative said there weren't "mailings" per se...apparently it is all done electronically? I have received a few supplemental application/fee requests from a few schools, so I'm guessing it is mailed?

has your gpa been verified? from what i can tell its taking about 2-3 weeks to verify your gpa and then your application will be "mailed" = ready for schools to view online. i submitted mine on the 25th and I'm still waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
yep--GPA was verified mid last month

has your gpa been verified? from what i can tell its taking about 2-3 weeks to verify your gpa and then your application will be "mailed" = ready for schools to view online. i submitted mine on the 25th and I'm still waiting.
ahhh I see I see. Nope my gpa has not been verified yet. And my LOR's on the way, and my DAT is on Tuesday. So schools wont look at my app until everything is in then? And then like you said, it wont actually be "mailed", but "available" for schools to view?

It sounds like you have a decent grasp of the situation. Dat scores take a month or so to become official, and they will be made available to schools at this point. This is why I took mine back in March.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
It sounds like you have a decnet grasp of the sidtuation. Dat scores take a month or so to become official, and they will be made available to schools at this point. This is why I took mine back in March.
So am I right about my application being "mailed" once DAT, LOR, and gpa is up?

It is available once you click submit (apparently it is all done electronically and there are no "mailings" anymore). With that said, schools only will look at complete files.

So am I right about my application being "mailed" once DAT, LOR, and gpa is up?

It will be mailed once the GPA is verified, regardless of whether or not your DAT and LOR's are in at that point. The latter will be sent to schools automatically once they are in. But as people have said above, schools won't actually be looking at your application until all aspects of it are complete, even if it is mailed out sooner.

Reactions: 1 users
It will be mailed once the GPA is verified, regardless of whether or not your DAT and LOR's are in at that point. The latter will be sent to schools automatically once they are in. But as people have said above, schools won't actually be looking at your application until all aspects of it are complete, even if it is mailed out sooner.
If everything is in by end of July/early Aug im still good right?

Thanks btw!