Dental School dreams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pine88

Warning:
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody had one yet?

I just did :laugh:

Dreamt that I showed up on the first day and the lectures were all ridiculously hard math and sciences. I was so lost they were about to kick me out...but then someone got kidnapped and they forgot all about me. Pheww :D

Members don't see this ad.

I had one where I was in clinic and a patient came in for an extraction, yet she had no teeth. It was messed up cuz she then asked me to check her foot... yet I'm a freaking dental student. Oh and my dental school was somehow linked with the med school and for whatever reason, the med kids were all anti-dentites! And then I started kicking a$$!!!! :laugh:

I had one where my class got so competitive that someone with under a 4.0 got kicked out...bad dreaaaaam...lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I dreamt that I showed up for class on the first day of dental school. When I got there they asked "who are you?" and I gave my name and they said "there must be some mistake but we never accepted you, sorry" :thumbup:

i had a practice dream last summer when I was cramming for the DAT, it was my first patient and I couldnt for the life of me remember anything from dental school (probably since I've never been in dental school :laugh: ) so I checked her occlusion using those little strips of paper and checked to see if that would tell me anything and I just used the handpiece to grind down where I saw her teeth hitting...... needless to say it was strange.

I had one a few weeks ago where I showed up to the first day wearing boxers and an undershirt.

Noone noticed though, and we went to anatomy, which for some reason had thousands of students in it and was held in one of those old-school, 1700's style operating stadiums you see in wood-cuts from the time. Crazy...

:laugh: Great dreams. The hilarious thing is that once you all start school, you'll find that a tiny bit from every one of these dreams is actually true!! :D

I had this dream where I study until I collapse, and wake up in a mental ward. This guy comes in to check my teeth, with me wearing a straight jacket in the chair. I look in the dentist's face and see my dog working on my teeth. Very strange.

:laugh: Great dreams. The hilarious thing is that once you all start school, you'll find that a tiny bit from every one of these dreams is actually true!! :D

NO WAY!!!
In my dream there was 9.0 earthquake and the whole school buildings collapsed! YES you bet where i'm going this fall. San Francisco...
little bit scary but I love everything about UCSF! :love:

I´m glad I´m not the only neurotic one here :laugh: :laugh:

as a first year dental student, we've beed going crazy doing tooth waxups and morphology...a few nights ago right after a 7 hour session of waxing up...I kept dreaming about the fissures, groves, pits, and the shape of teeth...I kept seeing a molar and its secondary anatomy, then a premolar with with perfect anatomy then comparing the difference between a first and second premolar, and then looking at a maxillary molar with cusp of carabelli!! sooo freaking weird...as if looking at teeth weren't enough...now i see them in my sleep also!!!...and all the of this were in the horrible green colored wax we use!!!!!

I still dream every now and then about working at the dental lab pouring models and trimming dies. I quit in Nov. yet it will pop up in my head every now and then.

pine88: love your avatar, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
For as long as I can remember, I've had dreams about the upcoming school year. Somehow, though, taking a year off from school has thrown everything out of whack. ... Recently, I've been having a few dreams about being in high school again. ... Yikes! :eek: That's a step in the WRONG direction.

i have this reoccuring dream that i meet my future husband in dental school...any takers?
:D

but i love the rest of the dreams

I had one where I was flying

<-------look at my avator. Dental school will be my dream. :cool:

I had one last year that I heard that my school dedided to cut amouont of seats in half and was calling people and cancelling their acceptance. I avoided my phone and missed the call.