dental school interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silverbmw

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all..
I recently took the dat and got a 19aa/22pat/20ts.. I have a 3.75 gap overall and science.
I was wondering who got interviews into either.
USC, Western, University of Nevada, Loma Linda, UOP, NYU, UCLA or tufts. .

I want to know what the stats are (DAT,GPA) of people who received interviews from the schools above or any other schools in general.

I want to see what my odds are if I apply early, compared to other students. I go to UCLA undergrad and have many volunteering hours and shadowing.

Members don't see this ad.

I received interviews from USC, UCLA, NYU and UNLV. I didn't apply to Western or LLU, and still waiting on Tufts. My stats are in my signature.

good luck!!

You could always look at the Interview/Acceptance Thread! Most people who have been applying this cycle have posted there. You could also check the specific school discussion section to see people's posts on your specific schools. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I have slightly worse stats than you and applied to USC, UNLV, Tufts, and NYU (out of your list). So far I had a pre-december interview with USC, received a post-december interview for UNLV, and waiting to hear back from NYU and Tufts. Honestly, people here emphasize stats all the time but it's not only about stats. I have outstanding extra-curriculars, volunteer work, shadowing, LORs, and what I believe to be a great PS. Schools don't only look at academics but an application as a whole, so it's really hard to compare yourself to another applicant. It definitely does help if you have an outstanding GPA and DAT scores because that could be the deciding factor, but it's not true that you need to have 20+ on the DAT and 3.8+ GPA to get into Dental School. Good luck with your applications!