dental school interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seoyoony8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if all dental schools require an interview for admission?
or are there some schools that don't?

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know, all US schools require interviews. And other than having to pay for travel, interviews really aren't bad at all after your first one.

I was wondering if all dental schools require an interview for admission?
or are there some schools that don't?

i'm pretty sure all of them require an interview. If you prepare for the commonly-asked questions and be yourself, you should be fine. Nothing to worry about.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think NYU accepts some people without interviewing them. but other ppl, they do interview.

creighton didn't require an interview 2 years back...i'm not sure if they have changed their policy now. even then, the applicants that are accepted without interview are very few and probably had ridiculous stats.

Last edited:
Some schools will let you get out of interviewing that year if you interviewed the year before. Honestly though if a school feels that you aren't willing to attend an interview they have thousands of other applicants to take your spot. It sucks have to spend all that money to interview but its a necessary evil, and you might find out things about the school you didn't know before.

I don't think NYU accepts people without interviews anymore.