Quantcast

Dental School or ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

b333b

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ive been considering med school for a very long time. And i was looking forward to get the navy to pay for it, then serve as a primary care dr for a few years(and get to travel and interact with other military occupations), and only then become a civilian and do a residency in something that is not primary care. but it's such a long commitment...
thats why it came across that maybe it's better to just go to dental school, take out loans, and 4yrs later have a normal 6figure income.. i realize that as a dentist even with a huge debt(at low %) i could still work <50hrs/wk and go on vacations whenever i want.
i got really drunk last night and thats when i thought about it. even though i think serving in the military is cool, does it really compensate for the social discomfort that i'd get from making such a low salary and living in places like iraq(or a number of other places) instead of settling down in my ideal location like reno,nv and going on spring break to mexico whenever i wish?

doc3232

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ive been considering med school for a very long time. And i was looking forward to get the navy to pay for it, then serve as a primary care dr for a few years(and get to travel and interact with other military occupations), and only then become a civilian and do a residency in something that is not primary care. but it's such a long commitment...
thats why it came across that maybe it's better to just go to dental school, take out loans, and 4yrs later have a normal 6figure income.. i realize that as a dentist even with a huge debt(at low %) i could still work <50hrs/wk and go on vacations whenever i want.
i got really drunk last night and thats when i thought about it. even though i think serving in the military is cool, does it really compensate for the social discomfort that i'd get from making such a low salary and living in places like iraq(or a number of other places) instead of settling down in my ideal location like reno,nv and going on spring break to mexico whenever i wish?

there are too many things wrong with what you just said.

SanOnofre2002

Huge member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tonight you should smoke some weed and contemplate your career options again.

Incisorater

UF Hopeful
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You should go Med school and leave the Dentistry to those who really want it.

AlcoHulk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight: YOU GOT DRUNK AND CONTEMPLATED YOUR CAREER CHOICES?

As the tooth once said to the gum, you're too soft for me?

TheWiredNerv

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would hope that if you were welcomed into the field that you wouldn't milk people for money and degrade the profession even more.

Sublimize23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good plan. Dentistry is just for chumps who aren't good enough for medical school anyways. Anyone can drill a tooth.

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Um...troll guys... obviously. Why don't we all just get drunk and go to dental school? Seems logical to me.

Selso2109

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is I don't think he is trolling. Make sure if you do apply to dental school that you copy and paste your opening remarks into your application. Sit back, get drunk again, and wait for the interviews to roll in.

sajjy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The OP can think better when drunk!!!!

dr bojangles

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i thought everyone gets drunk and then chooses dentistry, no? my boys jack daniels and jose cuervo persuaded me......though capt. morgan was being an a$$ that night, jeez. good times.

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is I don't think he is trolling. Make sure if you do apply to dental school that you copy and paste your opening remarks into your application. Sit back, get drunk again, and wait for the interviews to roll in.

If you're right, then OP is just a tool.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just merge this with the random though thread going on right now in the dental forum. :D The OP captures perfectly the essence of a random thread. :thumbup:

ThePreDentLife

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like previously said above. Please leave dentistry to people who actually choose this career choice when they were sober.

Why dont people get it...they will totally get bashed if they say this kind of crap in this section, why dont you go ask your pre-med buddies, maybe they can guide you!

Besides, dentistry is too low of a profession for you anyway...your meant to be a doctor.

Reading these threads is so much better than watching tv...

Lol, I think the forum should make a section for these kind of threads, they take up too much space in our Pre-Dental section...