Dental school preferences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XtrasDental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering, do dental schools invite the most competitive applicants for interviews first (4.0 GPAs, Above Average DATs)?

My GPAs are towards the lower side: 3.37 Science, 3.43 Overall, 3.48 BCP

But my DAT is on the higher end of the scale: 24 AA 25 TS

I have received only one interview so far and all the schools i have applied to have sent out interview invites. It appears they sent to the the "perfect" applicants first with high GPAs and DATs. (According to SDN)

My question is, am i worrying too much way too early about my interview likelihood? Do dental schools send invites to mid-tier applicants later on? What is the likelihood to get interview invites later in September/October?

Members don't see this ad.

If you aren't in school then find a hobby. It helps to take the mind off the application cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I was just wondering, do dental schools invite the most competitive applicants for interviews first (4.0 GPAs, Above Average DATs)?

My GPAs are towards the lower side: 3.37 Science, 3.43 Overall, 3.48 BCP

But my DAT is on the higher end of the scale: 24 AA 25 TS

I have received only one interview so far and all the schools i have applied to have sent out interview invites. It appears they sent to the the "perfect" applicants first with high GPAs and DATs. (According to SDN)

My question is, am i worrying too much way too early about my interview likelihood? Do dental schools send invites to mid-tier applicants later on? What is the likelihood to get interview invites later in September/October?
Yeah.. try to avoid checking that mega thread where people share their interview dates..
I know the average GPA and DAT score of students who successfully matriculate but everyone on that thread has medical school stats (at least so far).

Reactions: 1 user
If you aren't in school then find a hobby. It helps to take the mind off the application cycle.

Lol I'm in school but can't help. It's always in the back of my mind

Yeah.. try to avoid checking that mega thread where people share their interview dates..
I know the average GPA and DAT score of students who successfully matriculate but everyone on that thread has medical school stats (at least so far).

True, so dental schools probably invite all the top tier candidates first, and then look at the lower ones later?