dental school's prerequisite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annak88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to apply for dental school this June and I've just realized that I have not taken some prerequisite courses for UCLA and USC. Does anybody know that I can apply and take the classes during summer and Fall, or they would just ignore my application because of not having those courses?

Members don't see this ad.

I want to apply for dental school this June and I've just realized that I have not taken some prerequisite courses for UCLA and USC. Does anybody know that I can apply and take the classes during summer and Fall, or they would just ignore my application because of not having those courses?

Yes, you can take those prereqs during the summer/fall/spring of your final year. Dental schools only require that all your prereqs are completed by the time you matriculate.

Yes, you can take those prereqs during the summer/fall/spring of your final year. Dental schools only require that all your prereqs are completed by the time you matriculate.
How does this work if you put the classes on your application but choose a school that doesn't require those prereqs? Are you still required to take those classes?

How does this work if you put the classes on your application but choose a school that doesn't require those prereqs? Are you still required to take those classes?

No, but you would then need to contact the school you plan on attending about any changes in your class schedule.

I assumed that was the case, but I'm thinking that only works if you hear your decision in December. If you are one of the late news-receiving students, I think you would have to take the class anyway...