cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2006
Status
Podiatry Student
Can anyone even think of applying with these stats to dental schools.

Sci GPA 3.34 something

Cum GPA around 3.5

DAT : AA 20 / PAT 18

Iam just curious. One of my friend has these stats. so i wanted to give him advice. and can you suggest some schools. and i know in podiatry if we apply early we have a great chance, does this applied to Dents also.

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Dallas
Status
Dentist
The earlier you apply, the better your chances...yes that is true. But even early application is competitive, and if your friend hasn't applied yet, he's no longer early for this years application cycle..he'd be somewhere in the middle.

The states don't look too bad. PAT is generally lower than Academic Average. The average school admits a students with an average score of 19 on the DAT. The GPA isn't the hottest in the world, but again, isn't outside of the median range of GPAs for entering dental students.

check out this website:

www.predents.com

it has links to look at the average GPA, DAT, PAT, etc scores of students who entered each dental school. I think the stats on the site are from the entering class of 2005

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2004
Texas
Status
Dentist
cool_vkb said:
Can anyone even think of applying with these stats to dental schools.

Sci GPA 3.34 something

Cum GPA around 3.5

DAT : AA 20 / PAT 18

Iam just curious. One of my friend has these stats. so i wanted to give him advice. and can you suggest some schools. and i know in podiatry if we apply early we have a great chance, does this applied to Dents also.
I applied with those stats last year and I got my fair share of interviews. I wouldn't hesitate to apply with the same stats this year too (althought this year competition will be tougher). As with anything you do, the sooner you do it, the better. The early bird gets the worm. ;)

About the Ads